Little Rascals Coming To Blu-Ray!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AlmanacZinger, Sep 24, 2020.

1. ClassicFlix

ClassicFlix Forum Resident

There won't be an empty box because the complete collection will likely be on 4 discs and not have 6 like the individual releases. We will make the bonus disc available for purchase separately, for a limited time, but only at ClasssicFlix.com.

- David
    ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

2. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

So, non-US customers who have supported the release by buying all six volumes from Amazon won’t be able to get the bonus disc?

I really hope you will allow the bonus disc be sold through outlets that are set up for international shipping.

ricks likes this.
  3. ClassicFlix

Thank you for supporting the releases.

Sorry, but it won't be available separately elsewhere, but we do have customers who buy our products on our site and use forwarding companies to ship to them.

If that is not an option, we'll likely list it on Amazon and will sell it there so it will be available just not from any third party seller or retail site.

- David

longdist01 and rontoon like this.
  4. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Thanks for selling it through Amazon. That is great to know! :)

longdist01 likes this.
  5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Volume 6 just arrived, first time I didn't order from Amazon and went directly with ClassicFlix. Blu-ray case was pulverized as if something crushed it. The disc appears to have survived but I need to check it.

longdist01 and ClassicFlix like this.
  6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you David @ClassicFlix for updates on Silent Shorts restoration and eventual release time frame!

ClassicFlix likes this.
  7. ClassicFlix

Thanks for your purchase and sorry the case got crushed. Please send an email to support at ClassicFlix.com and we'll ship out a replacement right away.

- David

ricks, boggs and longdist01 like this.
  8. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

Exact same situation with me...

My V6 also arrived crushed (thru the media mailer) and both inserts have crease damage. Case spine may be slightly cracked on the inside, I'm not positive.

I've ordered all six volumes directly from CF and this is the first that's ever arrived damaged. I'd like to put in a support ticket for this as well... :help:

ClassicFlix and longdist01 like this.
  9. Dave112

Dave112 Forum Resident

The sample videos look amazing. I check in about every week to see how things are going and to watch the samples. When the Complete Collection is released, I want to be in line for it. I had no idea that there were so many silent Our Gang films. I look forward to those as well. What years does Classic Flix cover as far as restoring and marketing classic films?

ClassicFlix and longdist01 like this.
  10. ClassicFlix

Thanks for buying all 6 volumes directly from our website and sorry the case got crushed. Please send an email to support at ClassicFlix.com and we'll ship out a replacement right away.

- David

SonicZone and longdist01 like this.
  11. ClassicFlix

Glad you like the clips.

Our focus as a label is pre-1950 for films, but we do dabble in the 50s, and pre-1970 for TV shows.

- David

Dave112 and longdist01 like this.
  12. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Recieved Vol. 6 Little Rascals Blu-Ray in the mail, and thanks again to David @ClassicFlix !

ClassicFlix likes this.
  13. DavidW

DavidW Senior Member

Mine arrived today all in one piece. There are no cracks on the case or creases in the inserts. The case seems fairly sturdy. The two cases mentioned above that arrived cracked must have had heavy loads slammed on them.

I don’t usually make these types of posts but made an exception here.

I’ll watch some episodes this weekend.

14. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

In print?

longdist01 likes this.
  15. TheDailyBuzzherd

WOW … that looks stunning.

:edthumbs:

16. Antifrodis

Antifrodis Forum Resident

My volume 6 arrived today, safe and sound! Thanks ClassicFlix! You are truly miracle workers!

17. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Yes, beautiful restoration work on all the Sound Shorts!

ClassicFlix and rontoon like this.
  18. TheDailyBuzzherd

It hadda be asked AGAIN: Which films remain lost?
    I’ve got the second printing of Maltin’s book and several
    from his list have popped up on YT.

Thankee!

MarkTheShark and DavidW like this.
  19. ricks

ricks Senior Member

After Volume 3 and 4 Blu-rays recently I've noticed quite a bit of DNR/DVNR was used. Faces lack fine detail, and have an unnatural shine and tautness that to me is indicative of DNR/DVNR usage. While these still look ok as I find it sad as these could have been restorations for the ages :(

@ClassicFlix you would have done just as well sales wise had you left the fine details on the faces intact. Even if a few more artifacts were present. Take Warner Archives restoration of Dinner at Eight for example every face has at least some fine detail and natural lifelike look. These are 90 year old films they do not need to look like modern digital. Thank for you efforts, defend away, I'm just saddened look at the pre restoration transfers you provided and knowing what could have been....

P.S. At least they are nowhere near Peter Jackson's Get Back DNR/DVNR stiff wax figure faces level.

Any chance on making the un-restored transfers for sale. Warts and all I feel they look much nicer than after DNR/DNVR or EE is applied. I'll be willing to pay double - seriously. I'm also sure in the Silent film community I'm not the only one.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    pablorkcz likes this.
  20. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Folks be aware the Warner Archive Our Gang issues is and was DVD-R only. If you are purchasing from the after market you may get counterfeit discs and even if original it's possible some might not play properly depending on how long ago they were burned and storage conditions. So while it may be more expensive I recommend purchasing only new from Warner via Amazon that way if any issues you can return it.

WarnerBros.com | The Our Gang Collection | Movies
    https://www.amazon.com/Gang-Comedies-Shorts-1938-1942-Discs/dp/B002OGHGSW

longdist01 likes this.
  21. ricks

ricks Senior Member

That RAW scan looks amazing! Nice and gray scale exactly as it should be. If it were up to me I'd change nothing video-wise. Again I'd be willing to pay more (Double or Triple) to have those rather than after they are subjected to DND/DVNR or EE.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    pablorkcz and longdist01 like this.
  22. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

It's been really interesting to see how these shorts developed over the years. Where Spanky and Scotty were once the "little kids" those roles now seem to be given to Buckwheat and Porky in this final volume. It's so cute to see them holding hands and walking together. O-tay!

@ClassicFlix thanks for the replacement case, it arrived today.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  23. ClassicFlix

Independence Day may be over, but The Gang doesn't let that stop them...

As we continue to gather materials for releasing Our Gang's silent shorts on Blu-ray and DVD, we're glad to be able to share this clip of a 4K raw scan from 1927's The Glorious Fourth (with Dutch intertitles).

It will also be restored in 4K.

ENJOY!

- David

24. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Nice. Thank you again David @ClassicFlix !

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    ClassicFlix likes this.
  25. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Well if this ain't the best damn use of public education!

longdist01 likes this.