Little Richard CD reissues on Omnivore

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Killer, Sep 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster Thread Starter

Omnivore have already issued The Rill Thing and King of Rock and Roll. There are two more to be issued at the end of October, albums come with booklets and some bonus tracks. I've got the first two already and the others on pre-order, can't comment on quality as my system is packed away ATM however Omnivore have done some good work on other stuff I've bought from them so they have a reputation to uphold.

[​IMG]

http://omnivorerecordings.com/?s=Little+richard&post_type=product

2. JazzFanatic

JazzFanatic Jazz Man In Orbit

Thanks for the heads up on these. Amazon also has them at a decent price.

melstapler and The Killer like this.
  3. TheLoveDrags

TheLoveDrags Senior Member

4. The Killer

melstapler likes this.
  5. TheLoveDrags

TheLoveDrags Senior Member

melstapler likes this.
  6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Did the dreaded Viglink open up Amazon.co.uk on you? I tried it and it went to Fishing gloves and a novel on Amazon.ca.
    I normally make note of the item and which Amazon and open it off-site.

7. The Killer

8. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

I love the early Richard recordings - what are these like? Interesting or essential?

9. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

"The Rill Thing" is essential to me, a true album with terrific songs showing that Richard could be more than a "singles" artist. It is full of soulful singing but it never caught on with radio or the public I don't think. I've always wanted to hear "Southern Child" and never thought that one would see the light of day again. Exciting news.

10. Hep Alien

Hep Alien Forum Resident

11. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Picked up "Southern Child" today at the local record shop - had totally forgotten about this re-release - and it sounds great sonically. Have never heard this unreleased album prior to today (!), I was only familiar with the previous trio of 70s recordings which are each enjoyable in their own way (esp. The Rill Thing though) and this whole album is as soulful, southern and gritty as you would hope... it's an actual (mostly) county record, so maybe not for all Richard fans. Anyway the liner notes call it "the great lost Little Richard album... singular in the annals of country rock" as I have to say that as much as that sounds like lazy marketing, it seems to be true as I cannot wait to spin the disc again. Recorded in the spring of '72

JazzFanatic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.