Little Steven's Underground Garage

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by guy incognito, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

Has anybody ever heard this show? I did, for the first time, last night. And I was amazed by how cool it was and how much I enjoyed it, amazed because:

1. It's sponsored by the Hard Rock Cafe, and I hadn't previously entertained the idea that anything associated with the Hard Rock Cafe could actually be cool, and

2. Here in Detroit it was carried by the kind of lame-ass "classic rock" station whose regular playlist consists of but three songs: "Stairway to Heaven", "Smoke on the Water," and "Carry On Wayward Son", repeated ad infinitum.

Anyway, I found the show's website, which includes complete playlists for each weekly installment. Here's what I heard last night.

I'll be damned, I might just have to make a point of listening to this guy each week! :)

2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

Good radio show - I've only heard it on the 'net, I'm not sure if it's syndicated in NY. He somehow manages to create a fascinating blend of obscure titles, new "garage" related music, lost treasures and guilty pleasures that keep your attention all the way through. Highly recommended - it really takes me back to the early days of "underground FM radio" when DJ's were music freaks first and announcers second.

3. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

A list of the affiliate stations carrying it can be found here.

Any show where you can hear Husker Du and the Monkees in the same hour is okay by me! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.