Living Voice Auditorium series speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Melody50, Nov 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melody50

Melody50 Forum Resident Thread Starter

The local dealer for LV is discounting on Auditorium series, would like to know if they fall in same category of Audio note 'E' speakers.
    Are they placement friendly speakers?
    Can single End Tube amplifiers can drive them to their full potential?

Would like to know from those who own it or have experience it, thanks

Andy Saunders likes this.
  2. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

AN are just Snell designs from the 1980s
    LV are brand new designs

3. Neiro

Neiro Forum Resident

On that basis I think you will find that the original LVs were based on some Dali speakers Kevin used to sell. He was quite open about it.

As in all these things the AN and LV have developed far beyond the original models on which they are based.

I have both types many, many times and always prefer the Type E's.

Musicophile, jusbe and jonwoody like this.
  4. Andy Saunders

Andy Saunders Always a pleasure never a chore

l have heard the original 'Avatar' model years a go at a show in Blighty... with a modest Icon audio integrated and the Ntjoeb cd player, the speakers were placed around 12' apart ( and loads of room around each speaker) and on some sort of stands which were around 12" high ( l know they are floor standers)… intrigued by this speaker positioning stuck my head in for a listen, well what an amazing sound, it had everything- utterly superb, so with this in mind l got a demo in a hifi shop of the self same set up, only in a small room 11' x12', oh dear the sound was not on the same planet as to what was heard at the show, the LV Auditorium series need bags of room, if you can achieve this you will have a great pair of speakers.

sotosound likes this.
  5. Orbe

Orbe Forum Resident

I use a unison research simply two with mine which has 12w all the power you need. Placement is a pain though needs to be about 4 foot from the wall. Great sound when you get them setup right.

Andy Saunders likes this.
  6. Melody50

Yes I realize that the LV speakers need more room to breathe and Audio note is better suited for corner placement but my only worry is the use of foam surrounding on the speakers which need to be replaced often due to the humidity and extreme temperature Where I stay, other than that I like the sound from AN speakers

jonwoody and Andy Saunders like this.
  7. Andy Saunders

Depends on room with Audionotes going in corners, l know it did not work for me with my K's.

8. Melody50

Have seen many videos YouTube the LV speakers are close to the walls but in shows they are well into the room and widely placed, and my dealer also has placed away from the wall but at my home I don’t have enough space to place them freely.

9. Melody50

I got chance to hear the basic model Auditorium R3R and followed by Avatar R3, there was huge difference, Auditorium R3R bass was bloated and boomy , wheres Avatar R3 had clean sound with vocal clarity and tight bass and better upper end clarity, additional USD 1500 Avatar R3 is worth to invest after investing USD5000, however the price was too steep for me to afford, for time being be content with current set up, however looking for used market also.

They were paired with Jadis Orchestra Reference with KT88 Tubes in them and cayin CD player wired with ansuz cables in a 3*5 meters acousticly treated room.

10. cobbler

cobbler Forum Resident

I have a pair of Living Voice speakers and been very happy with them for 6 years. I use them with a SET amp, Kevin Scott the designer would recommend a valve amp.

The advice I was given by other LV owners is place away from side walls if possible, I don’t think they are as fussy as some say.

I haven’t owned Audio Note speakers but have heard them at shows many times. I would say the AN Es have more bass and work better than LVs with rock or dance music. LVs are great for vocals and acoustic instruments.

In summary, both are excellent speakers and as always comes down to personal preference.

jonwoody and Melody50 like this.
  11. Melody50

12. Melody50

finally got it...
    Avatar R3, was looking for Audio note speakers, the dealer stopped importing due to Covid

[​IMG]

layman, Gyrouser, cobbler and 5 others like this.
  13. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Congrats on your new speakers and lovely looking system and setup!

14. Andy Saunders

@Melody50 How are you getting along with theLiving Voice- they look good in your room.:edthumbs:

15. Melody50

Still not started serious listening, however they are easy to drive, I had doubts on the room placement and bass bloating, fortunately they are alright with near wall placement.
    In short words they are musical.

MGW and Andy Saunders like this.
  16. Gyrouser

Gyrouser Forum Resident

Glad to se another LV owner. I’m proud owner of IBX-R3 and you’re right they are really musical.

Melody50 likes this.
  17. dogilv

dogilv Forum Resident

I was a proud owner of LV IBX something. Awesome speakers! Really lovely sonics.

I just couldn't get them to play nice in my Living Room which has limited placement possibilities.

Gyrouser likes this.
  18. Melody50

What amp is paired with living voice?
    Share the picture

19. Gyrouser

Gyrouser Forum Resident

I’m using Mastersound Compact 845 tube amp.

[​IMG]

20. Gyrouser

Gyrouser Forum Resident

Early models were fussy with the placement. Recent ones not so much but I definitely understand when something just doesn’t work. What are you using today?

MGW likes this.
  21. sotosound

sotosound Forum Resident

Place a glass dome over the top and you'd have a full scale model of Kandor.

Gyrouser likes this.
  22. Gyrouser

Gyrouser Forum Resident

i do have acrylic cover for both the amp and TT so little bit of Kandor feeling is there. :p

Andy Saunders and sotosound like this.
  23. Melody50

Lovely set up and like the amp, do you use the 4 ohm tap or 8ohm?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  24. Melody50

what was the amplifier paired with lV IBX

25. Gyrouser

Gyrouser Forum Resident

Thanks, I’m using 8ohm as it was recommended by the LV. Haven’t tried 4ohm taps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.