Look how Amazon delivered my Houses Of The Holy deluxe LP!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by moomaloo, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbp

rbp Forum Resident

The postman and he was probably snacking on the leftovers prior to delivery. :)

jon9091 likes this.
  2. Jesus christ, is that even legal? If not, I'm announcing that I'm running for office, and that my first order of business is making a law making it illegal to "Package vinyl without proper packaging". :rolleyes:
    Ask for a complete refund, don't even accept an answer about returning it.
    Whenever I send vinyl out (Discogs and Ebay seller here!), I re-used boxes that I got from buying vinyl online, put the inner sleeve separate from the outer sleeve, put them both in a protective sleeve, wrap it in bubble wrap, and put them in the box.

3. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Sorry that happened to you. What's the music like on that? I've read about it, but never heard it.

4. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

My initial thought, as well. Still curious.

Jeff8086 likes this.
  5. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Why not send the complaints to Amazon insted of SH forums

6. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Because we actually care?

Millington likes this.
  7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

One of many reasons I finished with vinyl.

8. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

I had exactly the same thing with a record I ordered from Amazon UK last year. It had to make it all the way to Australia like that. Needless to say, it was all bent out of shape when it arrived about 2 weeks later. That's the only time I've had it happen in about 100 orders. I don't understand the inconsistency with Amazon. You would think that they'd have a standard protocol for packing vinyl that would be followed each time, but I've had all sorts from them.

SergioRZ likes this.
  9. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

They did the same to me early this year with The Zombies first album reissue. I was livid, to put it mildly. I hope you rang & complained. I did. I got a free month of Prime. Amazon are slacking of late.

SergioRZ likes this.
  10. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

I'd be pretty hacked off if I got a CD box set, book, DVD, pretty much any item unpackaged and grimy with mailing labels stuck right on it.

Drifter likes this.
  11. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

What is to stop them from slapping a shipping label on a Blu-Ray, CD or book?

12. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Exactly, but don't let logic get in the way of an agenda.

onionmaster and Drifter like this.
  13. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Mostly looped, droning sitar-sounding guitar and weird synths w/ a bit of percussion that can be legitimately called either seductively mesmerizing or painfully annoying. For me, it got old real quick and made the sting of paying about $70US for the album in the condition I got it only worse. I will say the pressing was dead quiet, fwiw. Check it out:

Coricama likes this.
  14. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Woah, nice beat but it's hard to dance to. Thanks.

15. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg Thread Starter

It's blue because that photo is of the back cover and that's the side they stuck the labels on. Remarkably it's not damaged but I would normally keep the cover stickers from the shrinkwrap and I'm unable to because some clown has stuck postage labels all over them...

It was from Amazon directly, not from a marketplace seller. I have already ordered a replacement.

16. SquaRoots

SquaRoots The North Star Grassman

The most effective way to deal with this:

All of us here
    are going to file a complaint at A's customer service that this is unacceptable and that we will not place any new orders until they can guarantee us this will not happen again.

17. BrokenByAudio

BrokenByAudio Forum Resident

It's clearly the backside of the newest 2 LP (Robert Plant) version.

18. BrokenByAudio

BrokenByAudio Forum Resident

The OP's post got me thinking about my Amazon order of Zep IV (2 LP RP version) which I took delivery of a couple weeks ago. It arrived in an oversized box, about 15" square, 6" high, and was shrink-wrapped onto a piece of stiff cardboard inside. This is actually they way I receive virtually all of my orders from Amazon. I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and I have never been displeased with their packaging so in my view there is someone at a warehousing and shipping facility somewhere (responsible for shipping to the UK and beyond) who didn't get trained properly. And it seems almost absurd that he/she has not been noticed doing that sort of thing, IF, of course, they haven't.

19. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Hopefully they don't buy their records from Amazon-UK.

20. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Um, raising awareness? :rolleyes:

21. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

It seems that the shipping companies that Amazon uses (e.g. Deutsche Post/DHL) get a lot of claims from Amazon regarding all these damages we report. I came to this conclusion because today I received the heavy and voluminous (LP sized) second Leonard Bernstein Box (that includes 80 cds) from amazon.co.uk, REPACKED by DHL/Deutsche Post in a heavy double walled carton box that fully protected the box inside. Impossible to have damages with such a carton box.

[​IMG]

In the beginning I was very afraid that they repacked it just because the Amazon box had collapsed during transportation (with the Bernstein box being heavily damaged - like it happened to my King Crimson Starless box from jpc.de a week ago - see below - they will replace it), but this was not the case. Fortunately.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    SergioRZ likes this.
  22. phish

phish Jack Your Body

sorry to see this. my vinyl from amazon has been delivered in top notch packaging lately. sometimes i even think they have been overdoing it.

23. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Shipped to our work address. :eek:

Some of the music I buy has music content or cover art that is NSFW. I would not appreciate having those shipped naked and bare for all to see.

sonci likes this.
  24. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

That photo in the OP is just unreal....even if the person picking/packing the order was not trained properly - where the heck is the common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave likes this.
  25. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

Sometime last year, either .uk or .fr had the Never Mind the Bollocks Super Deluxe box for about $65 US shipped, so I made a purchase. A couple of weeks later, I received a Dole pineapple box (originally used to bulk-ship raw pineapples) with a couple of wraps of duct tape and a note from Midway airport in Chicago that the original packaging had been destroyed. Somehow, with no padding or anything else inside the pineapple box, there was no noticeable damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.