Dismiss Notice
We are rebuilding the search index and other forum caches this morning. Search results may not appear correct until indexing has completed, and the forum may respond a little slower than normal until this has finished.

Looks like HMV in the UK may survive after all...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Sound of the Suburbs, Feb 3, 2019.

1. shanebrown

shanebrown Forum Resident

Certainly some of the stuff that I bought in the sale was cheaper than it was marked down too. Some classical discs were £9.99 in the sale (down from £22), but were actually £7.99 at the till.

boiledbeans, Pouchkine and Dave S like this.
  2. sacdfan

sacdfan Active Member

I’m probably heading into the Tunbridge Wells store tomorrow. Does anyone know if there are many cds left in their sale.

3. sacdfan

sacdfan Active Member

Just picked up the following cds: Greg Allman- Laid Back (2 cd) £4.99.
    James Taylor-American Standard £2.99.

Dave S likes this.
  4. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I saw the Gregg Allman set in Glasgow, but it didn't appeal to me, although £4.99 is a great price.

5. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Simple Minds - Streetfighting Years [2CD Remaster] was 50% off in their Flash Sale, so I got that in lieu of a decent boxset version (I sent that back before even opening it).

EG.

Man at C&A likes this.
  6. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Forum Resident

That was £4.99 in the shop. I was hoping they'd have the deluxe of New Gold Dream in the sale.

Pouchkine and Eric_Generic like this.
  7. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

I think that's long gone OOP. Beautiful set, though.

I'll be okay with 6.49 plus postage, so long as it's not bashed up...HMV packages are arriving in very battered state lately. I don't know where they send them to get that kind of mistreatment.

EG.

Pouchkine and Man at C&A like this.
  8. shanebrown

I picked up American Standard, too. What a dull album that turned out to be!

Man at C&A likes this.
  9. Man at C&A

James Taylor? Dull? Never!

Only kidding! I like his first few albums and he's my namesake so I can't be harsh on him. :)

10. shanebrown

To be honest, beyond a couple of the most well-known songs, I didn't know much of his stuff, but someone was telling me that it was an interesting album, and then it turned up in HMV. I'm sure the tempo remains the same through the entire 45 minutes of the disc.

Man at C&A likes this.
  11. Man at C&A

That's James Taylor for you!

Someone told you a lie.

shanebrown likes this.
  12. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

It's worth checking. I visited today, and got the final Gong 2CD set for £4.99 (Flying Teapot). I've seen it in other stores, but never priced down, so I assumed it wasn't on sale like the others. They had Angel's Egg and You 2CD sets as well. I added Neil Diamond's Hot August Night III (CD plus Blu-ray) and Apollo expanded 2CD book edition for £4.99 each, and a copy of Blind Faith for £2.99.