Looks like Pop Market is back

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by keithdylan, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithdylan

keithdylan Master of His Own Domain Thread Starter

With prices higher than ever. At least they have a 15% off code.

seaisletim likes this.
  2. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

I just had an email from them and was surprised as I thought they were gone. I certainly will never be touching them again.

3. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

At the risk of saying anything nice about Pop Market, I got an email from them earlier this month with a cut-rate price of $75.99 on the new 4 LP Phish release, A Live One. Pop Market's rule now is a $100 order gets free shipping and as I ordered two copies, I got free shipping. The record was just released this last week and I received my two copies today, fulfilled by Amazon. Pretty crazy considering Amazon's price right now is $95.

I'm not saying I'm planning on doing much business with these guys but unlike other people here, I never had any problem with them. For A Live One, Pop Market had the cheapest price I've seen by far. I'm glad I bought it from them.

In my next post, I'm going to talk about my good experiences with the bubonic plague.

Coricama likes this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Anyone here recently buy any vinyl from them ? Looking for reassurance they can pack the upcoming 6 record Tom Petty set properly.

Thanks.

5. Kicker55

Kicker55 Forum Resident

I never had a problem with packaging or service when Popmarket was around a few years ago. You could occasionally find some really good deals too. For instance, i purchased Metallica's Black Album 4LP 45 RPM box for $30 shipped. It's worth much more now.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

That was 9 days ago. Since then I received an album in the pressed corrugated with adhesive style shipping box, with the upper right corner of the jacket bent hideously, and the records inside spared.
    I canceled the one pre order I had there, and have marked them off my list for buying vinyl.

As long as we have retailers like Bull Moose, Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct, and Craig Moerer, I'll sacrifice a few bucks to receive my records in the best possible condition available, without picking them up in person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.