Lost: The Sixth and Final Season-"The End" (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Mar 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  2. alexpop

Looks stunning in Blu Ray. Dunno if 4K is possible?

3. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Yes, looks beautiful in Blu-ray. I've never seen 4K in my home. I'm on Season 2 now, Shannon was just shot. Michelle Rodriguez is excellent in this season. . . perfect casting as "Cortez the Killer."

alexpop likes this.
  4. alexpop

Oops spoilers if you’ve never seen it before!!!
    Her and Mr.Eko went out clubbing after filming.

Think she got into a bit of trouble on set( or off)read something ..that’s why her character died early.

Lonson likes this.
  5. Lonson

On the final season to watch this time through (I went 6, 5, 4 then 1, 2 and now 3). I'm slow, but this time I realized that the actress playing the mother of Ben Linus (actor John Emerson) is Carrie Preston (John Emerson's wife).

Lots of little things have crept up watching this time, and realizing which appearances are "the Man in Black" really changes things.

alexpop likes this.
  6. alexpop

Think I’m lost for repeat viewings after my fourth binge.

7. Lonson

That's the way I felt about five years ago. But I had a hankering and glad I went through them again. Enjoyed it a lot!

By the way I'm incorrect above, it's Michael Emerson, not John.

8. alexpop

Well I watched LOST ( 4rth time 2019). Good time to watch it in 2020 with the Covid madness about.

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And because nothing ever really ends (especially on the internet), here's a fairly thorough article on how the ending of Lost was intended and how it was received by fans and critics:

No, They Weren’t Dead the Whole Time:
    An oral history of Lost’s daring, divisive finale, our last truly communal broadcast TV experience.

10. Scowl

Scowl Forum Resident

The early HDTV era had some great shows that looked fantastic. It really seemed like a new kind of television experience had been born.

Our ABC affiliate had to switch to standard definition during the commercials because they didn't have the equipment to air them in high definition, and sometimes they would forget to switch back to HD after the commercials. If they forgot during Lost they would instantly get calls from the hundred or so people in the area who had HD televisions.

Eventually the problem was solved when someone at the station became obsessed with the show. They didn't have an HDTV, so they would stay late to watch in high definition at the station!

Scotian and alexpop like this.
  11. It was a good show. I agree with Cuse and Lindelof thst they needed to know when the end was so she could draft out the final seasons. Having said that, the show srill went on a season too long IMHO. It really should have ended with season four but they did introduce some additional intriguing elements. My issue was with how cheesy the conclusion was. It was comparable to the end of Crystal Skull.

I think that Stephen King should have received some on screen credit at the time-there’s so many elements borrowed from King, it would have been appropriate.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  12. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I think Stephen King has borrowed his share of elements himself over the years. It's a genre that there really isn't much left to do but rework ideas.

Scowl and alexpop like this.
  13. alexpop

Couldn’t see any King references myself.

Scotian likes this.
  14. As a long time fan of the genre o wouldn’t disagree.

Scotian likes this.
  15. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Just saw this on Facebook.

Q: What do you call a polar bear in the jungle?
    A: Lost

Sean Murdock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.