DCC Archive Lynyrd Skynyrd - Deluxe Edtion - One More From The Road

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

As per the Universal Music New Release sheet:

Two CDs, completely remixed and remasterd from the original 16 track recordings by longtime live sound engineer Kevin Elson and longtime Skynyrd reissue producer Ron O'Brien. The actual Allen Collins "Free Bird" solo is used instead of the overdubbed version recorded over a month later. Music has been resequenced to to more accurately reflect the exact set list...

To be released October 2 2001. Disc one has 13 tracks, Disc 2 has 11 tracks.

End of UniversaL Music New Release Sheet!

Love Skynyrd! Can't wait!!
    :)

2. eBay Feed

eBay Feed Automated

Wow,

I can't wait to hear it either!!

I had seen that this was coming, but I hadn't seen any details. I guess it takes a Canadian ;) to help me keep up with the music from down south! And he even knows what a "twirly bird" is...

Thanks for the info!!

BTW, have you heard the 2 disc set of "rarities" that came out recently?? I haven't bit the bullet on that one yet, but it looks like it has a surprising amoumt of rare stuff on it.

Take care,

Tony

3. Gary

Rarities is excellent! Has a couple of tunes that were ONLY (I believe) released on '45 on Shade Tree records. And the extended versions of those songs (Michelle and Need All My friends) are there!!! A relief after all those GH packages .....

Well worth the $!

And I only know about Twirly Birds because of a good American friend :D of mine! I'm listening to my copy now (yes it came in!!) :D :D :D

4. eBay Feed

eBay Feed Automated

Gary,

How is the sound quality good on the Twirly Birds? You've got me so excited about it now I've just dropped the needle into the groove on my vinyl copy! Kind of a groovy rockin' album.

Can't wait to hear those bonus tracks!!

Take care,

Tony

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: Tony Caldwell ]

5. Gary

I love the CD! Excellent stuff - however I've never heard the vinyl so....

No complaints or headaches from the CD here!

It's released by Sony... Hmmmm I think I'll do another post / thread.... see Sony Rewind!

G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.