Lynyrd Skynyrd - Knebworth ‘76 coming to CD, DVD, BluRay and Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marklamb

marklamb Forum Resident

Someone also said that the Stones were the first ones to excitedly come back to Skynyrds dressing room immediately following their performance and lay praise on their performance....

Sean, Dark Horse 77 and longdist01 like this.
  2. Lynivevoli

Lynivevoli No pressure, No diamonds....

Ordered the 2 LP/DVD! Can't wait! Would be nice to have the CD/Bluray in a box set. Ronnie was a tremendous talent and at this time they blew everyone/anyone offstage!

Sean, tinnox, Doggiedogma and 2 others like this.
  3. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

slipkid and adam_777 like this.
  4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thanks again for sharing the order links, and the great stories posted!

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Stage manager Joe Barnes has told how he couldn't find enough cable to include Leon as well. :agree:

Sean, adam_777, longdist01 and 3 others like this.
  6. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

7. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up on this! One of my biggest regrets was missing them in concert before the tragic crash. I hope to experience them live via the next best way.
    Preordered my Blu-ray/ CD set from Deep Discounts with a 15% off coupon. Mardigras is the code. $22.56 shipped.

jboersma, ARK and longdist01 like this.
  8. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Thirty-one years on and I’ve never witnessed a crowd react to a support band in the same way that Knebworth did to Lynyrd Skynyrd. Somewhere between the first chorus and the second verse the band went from unknown names to full-fledged stars. “Skynyrd caused a real buzz backstage,” remembers Freddy Bannister. “We all wondered how anyone could follow them.” An hour later, we all began to wonder if anyone would even try.

What happened when The Rolling Stones and Lynyrd Skynyrd played Knebworth | Louder

marklamb, Sean, TheRealMcCoy and 5 others like this.
  9. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

The audio is remastered and the video is cleaned up...

adam_777 and J_D__ like this.
  10. whodanny

whodanny The Who ! THAT'S WHO !!

If that is the picture "cleaned up" I'll stick to my old Freebird The Movie Dvd. On that evidence it looks awful. I'm hoping it's just the trailer that looks bad.

11. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

I don't think they were showing the cleaned up version.... but then again who knows

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    longdist01 and MrGrumpy like this.
  12. whodanny

Well... It's a trailer for the upcoming release, why would they put out a trailer with the old grainy footage when they are trying to promote the new "cleaned up version" ? Seems an odd choice to me.

Pouchkine and longdist01 like this.
  13. whodanny

On a side note, poor quality video or not, Jo Billingsley still looks great !! :love:

clhboa and slipkid like this.
  14. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

:laughup:

15. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

All 3 do...:love::love::love:, and they look like there having a blast!:pineapple:

longdist01 and Glenn coates like this.
  16. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Found this, don't know them, the prices seem ok though.

The uDiscover Music Store

Snaphappy likes this.
  17. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Don't tempt these companies to scrub to the grain out of the picture.

18. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

After Skynyrd, everything sort of ground to a halt. It felt like the day was over. There was a huge gap before 10cc. I think it was an hour or more. At one point, a naked guy came on stage and played with himself in front of 500,000 people, or how many were there (it was said to be the biggest ever gathering of people on UK soil).
    The sun was going down when 10cc came on and they had technical problems which didn't help to revive any level of excitement. It got better when they did I'm Not In Love and they closed their set with a rocking guitar jam after Rubber Bullets (it's on Youtube), which went down as well as Skynyrd's Freebird finale.
    Then what seemed like an even longer wait for the Stones to come on in pitch darkness, by which time we were exhausted and cold. They were up there but it wasn't in the least bit exciting.

Efus, adam_777, Doggiedogma and 6 others like this.
  19. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Eagle Entertainment doesn't even have its own website anymore. The URL goes to Mercury Studios, whose restoration projects included INXS Live Baby Live, and the Stones' promo clips. The latter are shown on the site in "source" and "restored" form, side-by-side I don't see much difference on my laptop, tbh.

Remastering Archives - Mercury Studios

ARK likes this.
  20. whodanny

:righton:I know, it's only ever going to be as good as the best available source, but they're saying it's cleaned up, that trailer looks worse on youtube than the original dvd (Freebird Movie). I can't comment on the sound, it's youtube after all, but that picture...

AlmanacZinger likes this.
  21. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

More contrast generally (better blacks) and sharper images from time to time:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    MrGrumpy likes this.
  22. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Oh no. It's hard to tell on my laptop but if the left side is what they've done to the Skynyrd footage it means they did indeed scrub the grain and probably added "edge enhancement". That's usually what they mean when they say they've "cleaned up" the image. Oh dear. :shake:

Cool hand luke likes this.
  23. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

It’s simply Universal Records’ website

MrGrumpy likes this.
  24. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Not much ya can do, I suppose

25. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

The audio has me a little concerned. That sounds a LOT like audio from the Freebird movie. We’ll what happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.