Lynyrd Skynyrd - Knebworth ‘76 coming to CD, DVD, BluRay and Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jlf, Feb 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

:shrug:

2. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I’m just keeping an open mind :)

Edit: I went back and compared them. The audio does sound different. I hope it packs some punch

Mullin and marklamb like this.
  3. adam_777

adam_777 Forum Resident

The audio definitely sounds better to me than the freebird the movie soundtrack and no obviously terrible examples of the artificial crowd noise present. But yeah The video quality does not seem an improvement at all. I was kind of bummed out the vinyl set was coming with a DVD only and was considering buying the CD set too to get the bluray, but if thats the video quality then the DVD will do just fine

slipkid and marklamb like this.
  4. Glennza

Glennza Londoner, lost in the back of beyond

I was there too! I'd never heard of Skynyrd at the time, I'd gone to see 10cc. Please don't mock, I was only fourteen and my mum had no idea where I was!

4-2-7, Todd W., supermd and 8 others like this.
  5. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

I was just going on the info from the preview video :tiphat:

pool_of_tears likes this.
  6. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

It'd be good if there was a picture of the rear cover of the CD/Blu-ray set to see if it's in 5.1.

oneslip17 and marklamb like this.
  7. pool_of_tears

All good

Mullin likes this.
  8. Mullin

Mullin Forum Resident

I ordered the CD/Blu-ray

marklamb likes this.
  9. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

marklamb and pool_of_tears like this.
  10. pool_of_tears

11. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Beats Bullmoose by about a buck but comes out even if I factor in the taxes. Although could go lower on Amazon I'd rather throw some support to Bullmoose so I'll probably get it from them. The blu-ray combo is only a few $$ more regardless where you get it from but I'm fine with just a DVD version at this point....still deciding..

ARK and WarEagleRK like this.
  12. pool_of_tears

I may get the vinyl and dvd...I can rip the audio from dvd or vinyl...and there’s my cd :cool::goodie::whistle::wiggle:

I hope the footage is a new edit. The old clip of Free Bird had a few too many shots of the crowd during Allen’s solo. Just my 2 cents.

13. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

If I lived in Philadelphia. I'd get a PO box just over the border in tax-free Delaware (if the sums worked out).

14. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I can still hear audience / crowd noise on the official trailer.

15. craymcla

craymcla Forum Resident

I thought that the Stones camp was upset that Skynyrd had walked out on the tongue part of the stage, something they had been expressly forbidden to do.

16. Lynivevoli

Lynivevoli No pressure, No diamonds....

17. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

That is a neat idea which if I still lived over in southern Chester county I would actually do (I was only about 30 minutes from the Delaware border back then). Now I am over an hour away being Northwest of Philly and def not worth all that driving for the sake of saving even a few hundred bucks a year.

MrGrumpy likes this.
  18. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

What's your excuse for not having One More From The Road? Hmmm?

19. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Actually, I had a copy .... in the nineties? ... It was a really awful sounding thing, that must have been made from a tape of a tape of a tape of a tape of a..... if you get my meaning.

I hear a lot of good things about it, and I love the songs, but the copy I bought was one of the worst sounding albums I had ever heard.....
    If you can let me know a good one, I'm all for it :)

20. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Forum Resident

Wonderful Australian understatement there. In that vein, I would note that the deluxe edition of One More from the Road is "fair dinkum."

Pouchkine and mark winstanley like this.
  21. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

I think VH1 used to show Freebird: The Movie back in the day. I enjoyed it and picked up the soundtrack CD but was disappointed in either the overdubs or the mix (or both.) I'm hoping the new CD/BR is better. Will definitely be grabbing this one.

22. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

The disappointment I felt when I first heard the soundtrack CD is something that can't be put into words. Who the F thought that mix was okay?? :cussing:

I hope we get a nice mix this time. And I hope the bluray is a good (and complete!) upgrade.

23. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Best band of the day by far. I was lucky enough to be working at the gig and was backstage for their set and they just blew my mind. Worked on part of the 76 tour and great bunch of guys.

24. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Awesome.

25. duggan

duggan Senior Member

Terrific performance of Rubber Bullets that night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.