MAD MEN -- Season FIVE Official Thread....

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chip TRG, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramos Pinto

Ramos Pinto New Member

Alison Brie again!

[​IMG]

2. npc210

npc210 Forum Resident

Thank you, Ramos. :)

Can't wait for Season 5 as well ... been re-watching No. 4 during the last week or so in preparation.

A few questions I have for the upcoming shows:

- Where is the Don/Megan relationship going? Like another poster said, there has to be more to this than one woman being better with kids than the other. Maybe Faye was too career-oriented and not old fashioned enough for Don; if you remember the jukebox scene in California, he did say something to the affect of "just because it's old doesn't mean it's bad."

- Will Betty lose it? She's a megab**** and has serious issues. She's clearly unhappy, too. Also, judging from the kitchen scene in the season 4 finale, there's obviously something still there (at least on her end) in regard to Don. Just curious where her character is going next ... most likely nowhere good. I suppose the same applies to Roger, who despite being a partner seems less relevant to his company by the day.

- Does Greg die in Vietman? Seems inevitable, doesn't it?

3. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Seems that way and would any of us really be sorry? He's not worthy to polish Joan's pen! But I think this would be a little too easy and I'd be surprised if the creators let her off the hook like that. Will he be able to put it together that the child is not his? I'm thinking this will more likely end in divorce.

I've always had some problems with her character, but Betty really did turn into a ice b---- in the fourth season. Obviously, her fantasy scenario with Henry hasn't played out for either of them, but it's not clear to me that the show really knows where they're going with her now that she and Don have split.

I've always rather liked Trudy, more than her slippery, self righteous husband, but now I'm seeing her in a whole new light!

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

With January Jones just having a baby I'm sure that will effect her screen time.

Can't wait for the season to start. Been way too long....

5. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

The first pic of Allison Brie is, dare I say, artistic!!

6. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

I think something will happen between Joan and Roger

7. GregM

GregM The expanding man

He'll definitely make a play for her again but she won't go for it.

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I think there's a great chance that all the guesses here won't hit the target.

Alison is a very beautiful woman. She could play Liz Taylor in a biopic.

9. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member Thread Starter

Betty is destined for a miserable life, but the one in that household who will suffer the worst from it will be Sally.

10. GregM

GregM The expanding man

That is one dysfunctional family. Sally is already pretty messed up.

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I'm sorry but no Mad Men threads are allowed without this picture posted at least once:

[​IMG]

12. Lonson

I like Peyton List (Jane Sterling) more. . . . Lovely gal.

[​IMG]

13. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

I see your Alison Brie and January Jones, and raise you with a Jessica Paré from "Hot Tub Time Machine"!

(You have to Google it: not safe for forum!)

14. Lonson

15. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Do you guys smoke and drink all day too, or just leer at the women? ;)

The deepest show running and the conversation has devolved into a pinup calendar.

16. noname74

I think the producers are very happy to have people talking about or ogling their stars since that means higher ratings.

Anyway thanks for reminding me...time for another January pin up:

[​IMG]

:winkgrin:

17. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I'll go out on a limb with some predictions:

When we return, Don and Megan will have been married for over a year. Things will be fine, at first...

Greg's experience in the service will leave him damaged, if he survives...

Betty - the less time we spend with her, the better, she's a selfish child, I hope she's little more than a footnote for the rest of the series.

I still think that the series finale after season 6 or season 7 or whenever it happens will involve someone jumping from a tall building, as shown in the opening credits animation.

As for Sal, I thought I read somewhere that the actor's services have been retained for some episodes this season, so a welcome return of his character seems probable.

18. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

How can anything DEvolve into a pinup calendar? :winkgrin:

19. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Allison Brie and January Jones are certainly attractive, but I agree, I don't understand why any discussion of pretty much any TV show or movie has to devolve into a "let's post hot babe pics" contest. We watch the show; they're hot; we get it already.

20. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member Thread Starter

Amen, brother......

Back to The Drapers....

A fully disfunctional family, yes. Strange as it may seem, though...I seem to kind of respect Don. I've never been one for screwing around on a spouse, so I can't condone his actions there, but am I the only one here who finds him a somewhat respectable guy aside from the "romantic entanglements"? For all of his downfalls, I find myself sort of rooting for the guy.

21. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I used your link to pre-order the Amazon Instant Video. http://www.amazon.com/Special-Feature-Succeed-Business-Draper/dp/B007KSVYA0/ref=sr_1_12?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1331946539&sr=1-12 I will use my TiVo Premiere's Amazon Instant Video application. Another link said the shows are available the day after for Monday night. Can't wait.

Cheers.

22. GregM

GregM The expanding man

23. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

:righton: The pin-up thing is played out!

Attached Files:

24. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Things might be fine for them indefinitely. I don't think Megan has any aspirations or demons in her closet that will get in the way of their relationship.

He'll come back and figure out the kid isn't his, whereupon he'll get so abusive Joani will end up more damaged than Greg by the time he's done with her.

She changed once before, becoming assertive, getting in touch with her anger and then leaving Don. I suspect she'll change again, and prove herself multifaceted--to what extent I have no idea.

No, that's way too literal for Matt Weiner. The fall from the building represents losing identity, not life. The beauty of the show is that it puts American society under a microscope during the decade that would come to define our identity to this very day.

Ugh. I hope not. I was so glad to see him go. The show does a great job of showing the rising power of women in the workplace. Why water it down? The 60s weren't the time of the most active gay movement anyway. Sopranos wasted an entire season on the gay Vito arc. If Weiner does that in Mad Men, I will not like it.

25. noname74

True...I don't know why anyone would show a picture of a pretty girl on a post that has nothing to do with the picture being attached.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=7478923&postcount=113

:laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.