Madonna: Madame X - album released 14th June 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bink, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Maddy5

Maddy5 Forum Resident

Me too. It was so nice being surrounded by dedicated Madonna fans who love her and knew all the new material, rather than casual fans who whine about why she isn’t singing Material Girl as there would be at an arena show.
    It was like one big family.

GoodKitty, KJTC and ejluther like this.
  2. KJTC

KJTC Forum Resident

Yes! As much as I love the evangelical element of bringing skeptics/casuals to see her at arena/stadium shows, it was such a communal experience being there with core fans. There was so much affirmation and shared purpose in that theater last night. It was deeply moving when she spoke about not giving in to fear.

GoodKitty and Maddy5 like this.
  3. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Madge bump. ;)

ejluther likes this.
  4. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

If you can get it past metal detectors ? i would think a phone would set those off ?

Yeh but how do i know i have an emergency if my phone is locked ? Like say someones kids are with babysitter ? Also certain industries people are on call all the time ....... what if there's an emergency within the club ? ............... i know these are Rare instances , i don't like the policy at all , no pics/video etc. i'd be glad to abide by if those are the rules , i've done it before

Good for them , i think that's the way it should be if an artist post those rules ;)

5. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I agree , i've been to Broadway shows , i was told no photos/video allowed & i had Zero problems with that , it seems we live in an entitled world where people think they can do what they want , then we have bands like KISS that encourage it .

that said & as mentioned earlier in the thread Madonna was out seeing Hamilton & was told no phones & was on her phone all night , one of the main cast even called her out after on social media & she's done this a few times .................so she's speciel & above the rules .

bob60 likes this.
  6. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I am surprised no pics have surfaced. If inmates can smuggle phones into prisons then a Madge concert shouldn't be that difficult.
    Mind you I haven't looked so maybe there are pics out there...

GoodKitty and Davidmk5 like this.
  7. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

That sounds nauseating...and I loved Madame X...

8. DesertHermit

Depends how far you want to go to smuggle that phone in...I work in the prison system; it aint’ pretty! :D

GoodKitty, Davidmk5 and bob60 like this.
  9. erowid

erowid Die unerträgliche Leichtigkeit des Seins

May I ask how that job is working out for you? I couldn't see myself "working" in that "industry" without getting serious moral issues and/or depressions. Don't want to troll you with that question. I'm just honestly curious.

GoodKitty likes this.
  10. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I’ll forever see you as Joan “The Freak” Ferguson now.:D

Ask your parents if you’re too young to get this reference.:hide:

DesertHermit likes this.
  11. DesertHermit

I’m certainly not too young to get that reference. I’m a Prisoner fan from way back. Although I think it was called Cell Block H over your way.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  12. DesertHermit

I’ve worked in the clinical field in prisons for the past 20 years. I enjoy it a great deal, although I think it would be different if I were a prison officer. As a psychologist/ social worker responsible for clinical treatment, I get to see a different side to things.

GoodKitty and erowid like this.
  13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I didn't say she wasn't a tour draw - I said she's not the tour draw she used to be.

If she does an arena tour, she can't play the # of shows she would've done in 2004-2008...

14. Oatsdad

The venue has areas you can go to if you want to use your phone - you're not unable to access your phone from the second you enter to the second you leave...

Maddy5 likes this.
  15. Oatsdad

cquiller1 made it clear earlier that she's not seen the show and has only read setlists.

She would have no idea what the visual presentation is like...

16. ScienceFictionFan

ScienceFictionFan Forum Resident

Well, Kate did request no phones be out during the performance.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  17. IAMZOD

IAMZOD Well-Known Member

Really? I had no idea. I was too busy on my phone.

:)

18. ScienceFictionFan

Not a fan then?

19. Oatsdad

The ":)" means IAMZOD was joking...

20. ScienceFictionFan

It's been a long day at work. The Brain is fried.

21. Psychedelic Good Trip

Just sharing videos of some of the Bam show. Not of the show but outside the venue along with views of the tickets.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  22. Psychedelic Good Trip

23. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Maybe in certain cities overseas, but in the US, she would not be a stadium act at this point. I am flying through Chicago on October 27 and checked for tickets. I would say that based on Ticketmaster and resale sites, no more than 200-300 tickets have been purchased for that show. I wonder if her cell phone policy is making it difficult for a “buzz” to develop. Or maybe it’s because people just saw her. Prices don’t help.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  24. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Wow that is a low number. I did read that people were getting tickets last minute for a $100 or so, but was not sure if it was really true.

25. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I just took a look and the other Chicago shows aren’t nearly as bad. Maybe it’s because October 27 is a Sunday, or maybe it was an added show. But 1st floor tickets start at $135.