Madonna: Madame X - album released 14th June 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bink, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Why would scalpers buy the worst seats and leave the best? :confused:

2. Oatsdad

I still knew I got texts throughout the show. The sealed bags aren't thick, so you can feel the vibration (if your phone is set that way), and I could see light come through the bag.

You'll know if you get texts. You won't know if they're "EMERGENCY!!! COME RIGHT NOW!!!" vs. "hey dude sup?" unless you unlock the bag, but you're not unable to recognize that you got the texts or calls...

Davidmk5 and ejluther like this.
  3. Oatsdad

As I think I mentioned, Prince at O2 London had a no photography policy. This was 2007, so smartphones weren't a real factor yet.

Can't recall if there was a no cell phone policy, though, or if it was just cameras. I think it was phones, too, but not sure.

Anyway, they had a system where you could check the device. That woulda been a big PITA!

The "locked bag" system is doable at an arena if they have enough staff...

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. Oatsdad

Again, you have your phone under this system - it's just not accessible unless staff unlocks it for you...

phillyal1, Davidmk5 and ejluther like this.
  5. KJTC

KJTC Forum Resident

The second hand market for tickets is a mess in general, but in the case of this particular tour, the way tickets went on sale through a lottery first might have limited scalpers to balcony tickets, especially for shows early in a run.

6. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Because they anticipate that they will be able to sell the cheaper tickets at a larger percentage premium. Often the best seats in the house are premium priced l, leaving little room for profit. This assumes that the show will sell out. But the show on the 27th probably won’t sell out; in fact, it looks like the prices have been lowered. That’s bad for scalpers trying to sell the balcony.

Davidmk5 and George Co-Stanza like this.
  7. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Good. Let them take a loss.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  8. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

That's Exactly my thoughts & what happened in paris i believe the police used cellphone video to help out with the case & if something is going down inside , someone with "eyes" in there could help a lot , that said it's Rare any of us will ever be in a situation like that ....but it only takes one .

well i can only speak for my friend , i don't want to go into his business but he literally owns 4 Practices and he HAS to be available for certain things ...... it's not often but certain things have to be approved , who knows they might let someone like that in with a medical ID and an agreement they don't take photos etc. ?
    I do agree with the no picture policy ...... sad people can't follow rules ;)

bob60 likes this.
  9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

well that actually makes sense to me & that's cool ..... I don't text during shows myself , i'm there to watch the show , but i certainly see people on them ALL night which is Crazy .

phillyal1 likes this.
  10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Last 2 Prince shows i saw I actually had my real Digital camera on me & my girl had her cellphone , this was 2013 Uncasville ct he did 3 shows , they let me in with my camera but told me Prince did not want photos to be taken , i never took it out ............... as far as i saw people kept by his wishes ................ fast forward a few years & certain people just won't listen so i get it .

11. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

KJTC likes this.
  12. Sandorelli

Sandorelli Forum Resident

Davidmk5 and KJTC like this.
  13. Oatsdad

Okay, that makes some sense. The cheapest seats do go the most quickly, and it's gonna be hard to sell the $757 face tickets for a big markup.

You also take more of a bath if you don't sell the $757 ticket vs. the $150 one!

14. Oatsdad

I saw Prince only 1 more time after the 2007 shows I mentioned: Baltimore May 2015.

I honestly don't recall when the phone/camera policy was. I think that they allowed in phones without any fuss but just swooped down on you if you tried to take pics/videos during the shows, but even that's a guess.

It's possible they said "NO PHONES!" preshow and I left mine in the car. I remember the O2 situation better because I touristed around London those 2 days and had to schlep back to my hotel to drop off my camera before the concerts.

For Baltimore 2015, I just drove up from my house, so it wouldn't have been a biggie to leave the phone in my car! :)

Davidmk5 likes this.
  15. Maddy5

Maddy5 Forum Resident

What happens if for example your friend has to have surgery himself and is unconscious for a given amount of time? Surely there has to be someone who can do his job sometimes and cover for him? Even the President has the Vice President!! It doesn’t seem like a smart plan to rely on reaching just one person if it’s an actual emergency.

ejluther likes this.
  16. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Of course there are people to be called but he's the approval in the end if there are any questions ...........

Honestly if i had Unlimited $$$ i'd send in 200 people to each Madonna show , make them have whacky ringtones , leave the volume on full before putting it into the Pouch & randomly call all of them :laugh::laugh::wave:
    Or i'll sneak one in & pull it out mid-show & when she stops the show tell her i thought this was Hamilton :D

In all seriousness i will be curious where we are with these pouches maybe a year from now , Obviously the company that makes them & runs the service would LOVE more acts using them , but with the launch of things like interactive Glasses etc. eventually no one will stop it though glasses would not really disturb people's views .

17. KJTC

KJTC Forum Resident

The pouches have been around for three years already, starting with Dave Chapelle’s stand up shows. I just don’t see how they could be scaled up to arenas, unless as mentioned above, there is a big investment in staffing. It was an easy process in an opera house. My son did manage somehow to go home with his (unlocked) pouch, though!

Davidmk5 and ejluther like this.
  18. cquiller1

cquiller1 Forum Resident

I saw Prince in 2004, and my ticket said "No phones." But in 2004, cell phones were no near as advanced as there are today.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  19. Oatsdad

Yeah, I went to a couple shows that tour but I didn't have a cell phone yet so the policy didn't impact me! :)

Same with the London shows in 2007 - I didn't break down and get a cell until early 2008.

I just know they wouldn't allow in cameras, and that did impact me!

Davidmk5 likes this.
  20. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh i was a Camera guy as well , i've only had a cellphone for maybe 4 years now , i fought as long as i could ...............now you just kinda need one .

21. April Snow

April Snow Forum Resident

Can anyone give advice on the Madame X Vinyl? I just brought my first turntable and I wondered if the vinyl (not picture disc) is any good or better than the CD release? I have read some of the new vinyl releases have had issues .............thank you

22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

There were some reviews earlier in this thread that loved the vinyl 7 say it's audiophile & much better over the cd , here are two

23. April Snow

Thank you so much, this is a huge help - I shall indeed add it to my wish list to pick up - I actually love the Madame X CD - when I received it I could not stop playing it back to back for about two weeks in a row - I think it is a wonderful album so to hear the vinyl is in fact better is exciting new for me !!! Much appreciate your reply xx

Davidmk5 and KJTC like this.
  24. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Wait until you play side one! If that doesn’t convince you how incredibly good vinyl can sound nothing else will. Have fun.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  25. April Snow

I am excited, shall have to pick it up - thank you - I shall report back !!
    Keep it Together - xxx