Magnolia at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Dadawada, Jul 8, 2022.

1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

Last time I looked, the one by me was almost 100% home theater, with little emphasis on music.

davers likes this.
  2. davers

davers Forum Resident

Ditto. I don't think they had any CD players in my local that contains a Magnolia (which not all stores do).

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  3. bug2362

bug2362 Forum Resident

yes I remember going to Magnolia Hi-Fi in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle with my parents and buying a Harman Kardon tuner or amp ( mid-70’s probably)

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  4. I stopped by my local Best Buy Magnolia - outside of their TV and speaker section they only had a handful of AVRs (all disconnected) and nothing was on clearance or even a notable sale.

5. davers

davers Forum Resident

Ditto - I've been checking the Tacoma WA store for sales and am coming up pretty empty.

6. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

I live near there. Please post if you do see anything cool!

davers likes this.
  7. I looked online and don’t see any notices of Best Buy closing all of its Magnolia ‘areas’ so I’m guessing this is very local to the OP.

davers likes this.
  8. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

So I have been looking to buy a REL T5/x at the recent sale price of $629, but when I checked most online retailers had ended the discount except Best Buy, and they had one in stock. An REL subwoofer, I kid you not! I go there, and the place is a disaster: full of merchandise scattered all over the store. It took the sales guy 25 minutes to locate REL. Anyway, as I was checking out, another dude asked me if I was an audiophile considering my purchase. I said, "yeah, sure." He then asked if I would like to hear the top of the line REL in the Magnolia room. "You still have a Magnolia," I replied? He said that out of nowhere corporate told them to keep the room open and that they would be sending them some high end stuff. Yes, it was a lot of home theater junk, but on one end of the room they had a $50,000 system consisting of Classe Delta mono blocks and some B&W 800 series speakers that were over $10,000 a piece. And you know what was even crazier? The late 20s' something sales person, pulls out his laptop, loads up Foobar2000, and starts playing his hi rez flac files through a Marantz SACD 30N! Holy crap! It sounded absolutely incredible. I have heard sound like that only once before, and that was in George Merrill's listening room. I hope that this is a sign of good things to come.

Twinsfan007, hutlock, Boomy and 3 others like this.
  9. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I hope so too! Cool fever dream Doc;)

Dr. J. likes this.
  10. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Excellent!

Dr. J. likes this.