Marantz NA6006 vs. Bluesound Node 2i

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by thatguy1976, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I am going to purchase a network audio player and I have got it narrowed down to either the Marantz NA6006 or the Bluesound Node 2i. Can anyone share some input on either (or both) to help me decide? Thanks in advance!

2. kostasdzy

kostasdzy Active Member

Same here. Also Audiolab 6000n is on my radar, but couldn't find any honest reviews on all these three

3. I went with a pure amp (PM7005) then use a Raspberry Pi to stream. I still use the USB DAC in the amp, sound is great, not as good as vinyl, but good for digital.

BayouTiger likes this.
  4. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

Well, if your goal is just streaming, then I guess it would be a personal preference and either would work (I have owned BlueSound and Sonos and now use a Pi and a uRendu for streaming).

What I love about the Node 2i is the extra features it brings to the party with auxiliary inputs. It could be coupled with a power amp and Phono stage/turntable and you have a nice office system. I did this for awhile with Sonos and it was quite suitable and the BlueSound is much better.

Tim S likes this.
  5. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

I was in the same boat. I went with node2i (cheaper option as I am going to use my preamp DAC) to stream Amazon HD. Sound quality from RCA out is good. Using my preamp's DAC sounds better. The app itself on Android is so so. Does not show file quality until I actually playing the song.

Tim S likes this.
  6. juice

juice Forum Resident

As a recent new owner of the Marantz unit, I give a solid recommendation it's way. I don't have personal experience with the other options listed to compare, but the NA6006 checked all of the boxes I was looking for (easy integration into my existing system, sound quality, ease of streaming, aesthetics). One of the main nods in it's direction personally was to match up with my existing Marantz integrated amp so it made for a sexy little stack, but it sounds great and has brought tons of smiles and entertainment for both my wife and I. We have spent multiple evenings staying up and seamlessly trading back and forth playing and searching for music for each other via our phones (usually just through Spotify).

The built in HEOS integration works well, and the supported streaming services seemed to "future-proof" it for some time ahead. I've used the internal DAC/headphone out a few times and it drives the couple of Grado models I've tried with it just fine and sounds great to my ears.

sharedon likes this.
  7. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

I have the Marantz NA8005 and not the NA6006. While the NA8005 is a higher model than the NA6006 it came out before the NA6006 So the NA6006 has a few features the NA8005 doesnt. I occasionally stream a few radio stations across the globe....lots of nice Jazz programs out there. I can do Spotify, XM Radio, Pandora and a few other apps as well. Can stream around the house if I wanted, But my main use is to use it to upsample to DSD 128 after ripping in Jriver. The DAC in the player is outstanding and really sounds close to analog. I love it....so I'd pick the NA6006.

Classic Car Guy and sharedon like this.
  8. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

1200 watts?

9. Classic Car Guy

Classic Car Guy - Touch The Face Of God -

That's actually what I'm after for. Closer to the analog sound. Besides the navigation is not as updated as the newer ones, my grace digital rack player/tuner is very close to the analog sound. I hardly hear any coloring. so I really appreciate it especially plugged in to my yaqin or primaluna tube amp. That's what I couldn't give it up. I just need to get another one outside for this is just a solo player.

Slippers-on likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.