Marvel INFINITY SAGA 23-film boxed set

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

INSANITY price !!!!

One bonus disc. Limited/ numbered.
    Expensive for a newbie /completist !!!

Don’t see 3D blu ray disc option.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  3. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I'll admit that I'm baffled by the lack of bonus material. Are these entirely new discs with additional material or simply the same content re-labeled with the extra disc tacked on? I thought they would have gone all out for this with at least 2 discs of bonus material and why not, one or two extended versions of some of the films.

alexpop likes this.
  4. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Nah. Not worth it. I own nearly all the films on Blu-ray already aside from the phase one films and the two Ant-Man films ,which I all have on DVD. The extras would have to be amazing to even consider this,and even then half a grand is hard to swallow. I'm ok with what I have already.

5. alexpop

In other words a RIP OFF!!!!!

+ Packaging is horrendous.

6. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I was mostly holding off on buying the movies individually as I assumed they’d be doing something like this (I only have Civil War and Infinity War on blu ray, and the original Iron Man on DVD). Would be very nice to have but I’m not about to drop that much coin on it. Though people will probably be flipping this set for insanely higher prices down the road.

supermd likes this.
  7. glide

glide Forum Resident

$550 for paper sleeve packaging? I think I’ll keep my steel books.

alexpop likes this.
  8. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

That's because the current televisions don't support 3D any longer.

SandAndGlass and Vidiot like this.
  9. alexpop

Who’s buying the 3D blu rays that are still being made, existing then ?

10. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

People with 3D capable televisions, but it's a dead home format in the consumer electronics world.

SandAndGlass, Lownote30 and alexpop like this.
  11. alexpop

Cheap n nasty looking.
    Blu Ray?
    Hope the complete GameOfThrones 1-8 don’t go the c&n route. I’ll be sticking to my lovely original packaging, some are steelbooks.:cool:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  12. alexpop

As long as my plasma gets a few more years life I’ll be happy. Think the big studios make more money with the theatre 3-D experience. Once the eaterie factor comes into play ie popcorn etc

13. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I wonder if Martin Scorsese will be giving these out as gifts this holiday season?

14. alexpop

Christmas present anyone? :)

15. Vidiot

I was going to buy you a set and Scorsese a set and send them as a surprise Xmas gift.

BTW, as I read the info, I think it's a 4K HDR Blu-ray and a regular HD Blu-ray, with the extra materials on the latter (same as the previous releases). The extra disc has several hours of additional extras you can't get any other way, and this is done to force crazy collectors to buy it, so Disney can give Bob Iger another $10 million bonus for 2019.

16. alexpop

$550 dollars for extra disc is extremely expensive for fans who’s already payed theatre prices and already bought dvd /bd/3D BD. + the packaging /presentation looks el cheapo.

17. Vidiot

Not so much for 47 discs as a limited edition.

18. alexpop

Eh? 23 discs + bonus disc. Bland packaging( look like fruit flavored t-bags. :)).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  19. Yes this particular set is limited, but there’s no way these movies won’t be available in various formats for decades to come.

20. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

Is it numbered? Is it limited? Then you can buy it in the classifieds for 3-4x the price soon.

Brilliant bazinga!

21. Vidiot

I suspect it'll be "limited" to however many they can sell in the next 3-4 months.

The packaging says Blu-ray (HD) and 4K Blu-ray. That means 23 movies x 2 discs, plus the bonus disc. 47 discs. It's very typical these days to throw in an HD copy with the 4K, because some people get "confused" when their old Blu-ray player won't play the 4K disc.

I have a handful of these movies on Blu-ray, but I have to say it'd be amusing to have all of them in 4K, in one place, and then figure out a way to watch them all in chronological order...

Marvel Cinematic Universe in chronological order – how to watch the entire MCU

Chrome_Head and alexpop like this.
  22. alexpop

Wouldn’t have minded longer versions of the films myself. Behind the scenes stuff is fine but again ridiculous price. Nobody is forcing me to purchase :). If only the packaging was better I’d be tempted. And hey, don’t have to trade in my steelbooks 3Ds...have both. :D

23. alexpop

Art department should be fired.

Company boss “ nothing fancy make sure they all fit in the box “. :D

Chrome_Head likes this.
  24. alexpop

Martin Scorcese is not getting it then ? :D

25. alexpop

Extended“
    Disney never does extended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.