Marvel's Hawkeye Trailer

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jeff Kent, Sep 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

I liked Hawkeye in the movies because of the fact that he's so relatable since he doesn't have super powers per se. He was underutilized in the first Avengers but did have some noticeable moments later on such as him shooting Ant-Man from his arrow to attack Iron Man.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Marvel Studios loves to slip the classic costumes in as a joke, so I wouldn't be surprised if Hawkeye shows up in purple at some point. That Captain America stage show in the trailer would be a good place to put it in.

3. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

First couple of episodes dropped yesterday - good job there were two as the first was a little slow, but definitely enough to enjoy in the second episode particularly to keep me watching.

4. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

OK but a bit slow.

I've not read the Fraction run but it's a bit silly revealing your secret identity from the get go isn't it?

5. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

The forum is awfully quiet on this show, isnt it?

6. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I'm enjoying it so I figured I'd be all alone in that.

Great Christmas TV series :D

Also, the hype train is building yet again for this series with people hoping for the return of the Kingpin, possibly in Vincent D'Onofrio form.

7. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I’m enjoying it too, although the villains could do to be a little more menacing. It’s very light hearted and I’m fine with that. Not every story has to be gloom and doom. I’m starting to be very interested in what the next Avengers line up will be like. We already have a new captain america and apparently a new black widow and Hawkeye after this series. She Hulk coming up. Jane Foster as Thor. I’m sure Rhoadie will return as Iron Man or War Machine. New Black Panther. Who else?

8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

"Clench up, Legolas."

9. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

It is quite droll. Thoroughly enjoyed each episode I've seen.
    I want his THANOS WAS RIGHT cup.

10. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

We just watched the Black Widow movie over the weekend. One thing that was interesting to me was that in the movie, Dreykov's daughter (apparently called the Taskmaster) had superior mimicking abilities which allowed her to be an amazing fighter.

In Hawkeye, Maya Lopez (Echo) also seems to have exceptional mimicking abilities.

I found it interesting that Marvel set up two connected characters with foes who have the same essential skill. Is this intentional, or just a coincidence? I haven't done a deep dive online about this, or whether there's a connection between the two characters.

11. BeatleJWOL

Not sure yet, but a former Black Widow has entered the picture officially as of the last episode (also teased by the midcredits of Black Widow, so you know who it is :D).

A breakdown of a recent 30 second teaser also noted that when Hawkeye got zapped by one of the Widow's Sting stun units during the rooftop battle, he snatched it off his neck and may have kept it for future use, so Widow tech is entering the picture here too.

Detroit Rock Citizen and Aggie87 like this.
  12. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Lol. Don’t get me started on Thanos’ plan. Halfing the population of Earth only brings us back to where we were in the 1970s. It wouldn’t solve anything.

Andy Smith likes this.
  13. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I didn’t get the impression at all that Echo had any mimicking abilities, just that she was an exceptional hand to hand combatant given her lack of hearing. She is nowhere near Taskmaster’s league. Maybe Daredevil’s though.

14. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

After reading this you had me wondering, so I googled Echo, and this is from the wiki page:

Based on that she seems to have essentially the same skill as Taskmasker. I'm not trying to prove a point, but just trying to figure out if there's a reason both the Black Widow movie and the Hawkeye series feature opponents with essentially the same ability. The Taskmaster also had the added advantage of her armor, in contrast with Echo.

Isaac K. likes this.
  15. BeatleJWOL

I will say the character's ability to mimic others has not really been emphasized in the show like it might be in the comics (or as specifically called out as Taskmaster was in Black Widow), so that's why that connection might seem overlooked.

Isaac K. likes this.
  16. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Episode 3 with the car chase has been my favorite so far.

17. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Yeah. I don’t know anything about the character in the comics because I haven’t been a reader since I was 16 over 30 years ago. If they ever addressed it in the show I guess I must have been looking the other way. Kind of like Batroc the Leaper in Falcon and the Winter Soldier you’d probably never know that he is supposed to have nearly superhuman strength in his legs if you didn’t read his wiki page.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. David Egan

David Egan Forum Resident

Watch E5 before it gets spoiled.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    BeatleJWOL likes this.
  19. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Looks awful.

20. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

Great series been watching it since it's premiere

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  21. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I watched episode 1 when it first dropped, liked it, but got busy with other things. I’m trying to catch up with the series now—just watched episodes 2 & 3 tonight. Liking where it’s going, the chemistry between the two leads is enjoyable.

Never have read the much ballyhooed Fraction run of comics but what I know of it, this seems to be drawing heavily from it. Love that they brought the Ronin angle back and are exploring the fallout of that. Cool show.

22. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

I never though about how people returned from The Snap until seeing Yelena's experience in the cold open of Episode 5. Since it indicates that people came back to the exact location where they dissolved, it makes me wonder about people who disappeared in a place where something was built in the intervening 5 years: do they reconstitute in the structure and die? I suspect that's something they won't address

JohnK

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  23. loving this show, and surprised the heck out of me that it’s based on my favorite comic book series from the last 20 years - Hawkeye (2012):

[​IMG]

Major episode 5 spoiler:

Vincent D’Onofrio is back as Kingpin!!! He stole the show with what should have been an Emmy-winning performance in Netflix’ Daredevil so was amazed to see him in this series).

Mad Dog, BeatleJWOL and Chrome_Head like this.
  24. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

I had a lively debate where this fits in the ranking of the Disney+ series. we both agreed Wanda Vision was best. So far I prefer Falcon and the Winter Soldier which he said as worse than Loki. I disowned him:D:D:D

He told me he had no father because I think Cruella is a better movie than the Black Widow. :unhunh::unhunh::unhunh::unhunh:

25. BeatleJWOL

I mean, it was said Hulk made sure everybody came back "safe" when he snapped, so I guess the writers might have figured that covered that. But also now that I say that I can't remember where that was mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.