Marvel's Hawkeye Trailer

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jeff Kent, Sep 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I was a bit let down by the final episode. Had some great action, but D’Onofrio’s Kingpin didn’t seem as fearsome as when he played the role in Netflix’s Daredevil (great having him back in the role, though). Can the actor who plays Echo carry a show as her character? She’s good but I’m not so sure (rumor is, Charlie Cox’s Daredevil will appear on Echo’s show). Renner and Pugh were the MVP’s of Hawkeye, and Steinfeld was enjoyable as well. Good show overall.

Lownote30 and davenav like this.
  2. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

I thought D’Onofrio was terrifying in the scene where he fights Kate, and nearly wins. You can see Kingpin is really letting loose for once, and not holding his rage, and strength, back. I liked that Kate Bishop wasn’t a Mary Sue character, and was clearly outmatched by Yelena and Kingpin (until the end of the fight, when she out-thought him).

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  3. Chrome_Head

Agreed, it was nice to see Fisk’s strength, but let’s face it, he could’ve snapped Kate in two if he really wanted.

Is there a reason Fisk is slumming it with the likes of the Tracksuit Mafia? I didn’t finish all of Daredevil.

4. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

It wouldn’t matter anyways. Even if that series took place in this particular universe it would have all been pre-blip, over 5 years in the past. Anything could have happened since then.

5. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

I really am in love with Yelana.

And ever since the 5th episode I've been aching for braised reindeer.

BeatleJWOL and Chrome_Head like this.
  6. Chrome_Head

I mean, how could someone not be?

[​IMG]

I think Yelena and Kate are the best new characters Disney Marvel have debuted for awhile. They know what they’re doing.

Andy Smith likes this.
  7. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I caught two different billboards for Rogers: The Musical in the background of the new Spider-Man movie. The level of interlocking details in these Marvel movies is staggering.

8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Yelena also wants to see the "new and improved Statue of Liberty" which appears in the Spider-Man trailer with a Captain America shield over the torch.

Chrome_Head and kouzie like this.
  9. Chrome_Head

Again, it’s amazing how Black Widow, Hawkeye and No Way Home came out within months and literally weeks of each other. It wasn’t supposed to be that way.

Dave2one6, Vidiot and BeatleJWOL like this.
  10. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Why do I think Kate will be working on the boomerang arrows, despite Clint's objection?

BeatleJWOL and Chrome_Head like this.
  11. Chrome_Head

Because that's Kate. :laugh:

I do wonder if Marvel are planning a new Avengers, with Steinfeld's Kate as Hawkeye and Yelena in the place of Natasha as Black Widow. Young actors they can sign up for a lot of appearances. And they have Tom Holland's Spidey if they can keep him coming back.

Wonder what that means for Renner as Clint? He's one of the last OG Avengers left standing. This series left his arc in a good place, IMO.

On that note, I wondered how much of that was Yelena trying to bluff Kate, saying she was in New York for the first time. That obviously wasn't true as she was snapped in the apartment, and wasn't that in New York?

Yelena doing the Black Widow interrogation tactics, much like Natasha used to do in these movies.

12. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Liked the last episode.

Yelena stole the Black Widow movie and did great in this also.

So we didn't see Kingpin die so we don't know what happened to him. I'm sure he'll be back.

Overall 3 and 6 were my favorites.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  13. BeatleJWOL

14. Chrome_Head

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  15. BeatleJWOL

Ouch! :laugh:

Stature would be cool, for instance, but Young Loki is a serious pass for me. Not sure about some, though. Iron Lad seems like a guarantee because of his ties to Kang the Conqueror.

16. Chrome_Head

Well, if Marvel can make former nobodies like Guardians Of The Galaxy into household names, they can most likely also do that with this crew.

There’s also Kamala Khan, the younger Ms Marvel who is to be in the next Captain Marvel film. They’re replacing the old fogies fast!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  17. Nothing about that in Daredevil.

18. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No giant reveals, but in the comic book Kingpin's eye was shot out and he went blind, but he somehow survived, got an eye transplant, and eventually regained his eyesight.

19. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

I concur. A right load of rubbish. Can't say that many of those raise much enthusiasm in me for the future.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  20. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

Time will tell how this all works out in regards to the newer characters and how that shapes up to be the next incarnation of the Avengers. The two wild cards are going to be introducing the Fantastic Four and whatever shape the X-Men take within the MCU (whether that means using the multiverse angle to just allow access to the already pre established Fox X-Men universe or attempting to reIntroduce and weave these characters into the MCU proper).

I gotta say though I'm a bit more optimistic about Marvel's future this past year. After ENDGAME more or less ended most everything previous I felt my investment in the universe quickly fading. But the shows, Shang Chi and Spiderman No Way Home have started to give me MCU phase one vibes where I'm starting to feel my emotional investment start to simmer again. Yeah I miss Cap, Tony and Nat, but I am starting to like the new characters and where they left Spidey at the end of NWH opens so many doors to where his story goes next. So...we will see.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  21. Chrome_Head

Yeah, I think Marvel ended up having a very strong 2021 considering the pandemic. They shifted to their Disney+ shows right as everything was locked down. Black Widow was pretty good and did ok considering the circumstances, likewise Shang Chi which I really enjoyed. The shows created a hell of a buzz, and of course, Spidey No Way Home is now making obscene amounts of cash and is a smash success.

I still haven't seen Eternals, that seemed to go a bit under the radar, like it came and went. I will catch it on Blu-Ray when it comes out.

22. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Right now I'd rate the four TV series:

1. WandaVision
    2. Loki
    3. Hawkeye
    4. Falcon & Winter Soldier

23. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Just watched Hawkeye. Fun series.

I’m not steeped in comic book lore so I have no idea what that symbol represents on the back of the watch. I assume that it means Mrs Hawkeye was once a super mega ultra lightning babe back in the day?

Geoff

24. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

The watch indicated that she is a former agent with SHIELD, though probably retired (to raise the family) and not super-powered. Laura is a character unique to the movies/series and doesn’t exist in the comics (the kids are only in the films/shows, as well), so what the MCU gives viewers is all they know.

Sone viewers have speculated that Laura is meant to be Mockingbird, Hawkeye’s on/off partner in the Marvel comics (also a SHIELD agent and not super-powered), but Mockingbird has a different first name (Bobbi).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.