Masterpiece Theater: Les Miserables

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by townsend, Apr 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

We tend to overshoot, then need to rewind, and end-up seeming spend almost as much time finding the start of the movie as we saved avoiding the flipping commercials!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  2. John B Good

We're watching Les Miserables now in this TV version. I have never seen any version of the story before, though I may have started the book many years ago.

It's a gripping story, but plot elements keep reminding me of something. As mayor of the town, Valjean reminded me of the Mayor of Casterbridge.

The over-top-cop reminds me of The Fugitive's nemesis.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I got a knack for it. You use it for a few weeks, eventually you figure it out. What screws me up is moving back and forth between the WD digital player, a Sony 4K Blu-ray player, and two different DVRs. I start out a little sloppy but then get it together by the second commercial break... and to tell you the truth, I sometimes watch commercials and often watch the network promos for other shows.

John B Good likes this.
  4. John B Good

This seems to a very well done version. I'm not seeing CG at many points where I would expect to see it for cost reasons.

The acting is very good.

I'm not familiar with the story, but it has a lot of that impossible coincidence melodrama type of scenes that I guess 19 th C literature loved. My wife would kill Inspector Javert if she ever ran across him. :)

I did look into some real history and there was an insurrection in 1832, which is featured in the second last episode of the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.