New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor46542

Victor46542 Victor Baissait of Maccaclub

theMess, C_Jepson, Tord and 2 others like this.
  2. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

I would say if he wanted to get a more “modest” 1 or 2 million yes.

Anything released now probably won’t approach the multi platinum sales of years past (I mean this as across the board by anyone).

3. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

4. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

With a website run my MailChimp no less. ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

6. Arnold Grove

Well, he did provide a little glimpse, meaning that he acknowledges that work is still being done for his new album:

“Thanks for your question, Yvonne. And yeah, once or twice! You know I’ve done something along those lines. My new album actually has something which is decidedly Latin. But I don’t know if it will make the cut. You never know with these things, but I think it will and people will understand what I’m talking about when they hear it. But I love Latin rhythms and have often experimented with them, but not a definitive thing like a tango or a salsa. It’s more the general rhythms of the country that I love.”

theMess, FKA002 and Johnny Reb like this.
  7. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Where did you see that?

8. Arnold Grove

Wasn't it posted for "Throwback Thursday"? And it said "NEW" recording session---and the "NEW" meant his previous album (and that would have to be at least 5 years old or so). Or that's how I interpreted it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    theMess and Zeki like this.
  9. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

theMess likes this.
  10. Arnold Grove

theMess and FKA002 like this.
  11. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

The only chance he has at going platinum (aside from pesky mortality issues) is if he called in a few favors. Adele, is in the Kurstin camp; Taylor isn't - but is a big McCartney fan, Beyonce fans would certainly download her song in impressive numbers. Then there is the already recorded Head in the Clouds number with Gaga. Full on duets would not really be my cup of tea; but if you're going to have backing Oohs and Aahs, let Brian, Abe and Rusty sit it out and give that job to Sheeran, Beck and Grohl. We'll all scream, "gimmick" but really - if giving the Oohs and Aahs to famous lads garners attention (it will) and sells more copies (it might) then I'm willing to accept that proposition.

12. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

theMess, FKA002 and Frank like this.
  13. Frank

Frank Senior Member

No, it does, it does, it does! Since he posted it today it means it was taken this morning and the new album is imminent! Probably announced Monday and released Friday. All the signs are there! Geoff Emerick's work on it is complete! :winkgrin:

theMess, supermd, Yorick and 4 others like this.
  14. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Yes, he's talking about the Brazilian-themed song. He mentioned it in a couple of interviews last October while he was over here on tour, but said he would not play that song live yet, as he was saving it for the upcoming album.

15. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Could this be the new song in question? ;)

16. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

C'mon guys, do I have to draw you a picture?

Sure, our Paul guy is clever when he plants clues about his new album, but it's right there in black and white.

She may not be a current trendy artist but it's obvious from Paul's
    subtle clue that Belinda Carlisle is a guest performer on the album.

:shake: :D

theMess, Shak Cohen, Frank and 2 others like this.
  17. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Let me be the first to post that I've cancelled my order for his new album with Amazon US because I found the album for 30 cents cheaper at Amazon Tanzania.
    But then I cancelled that because I found a Borders gift card in my desk so I will use that and save another 5 cents, but I'm afraid since Borders is out of business it might ship quicker from Bullmoose.

theMess, JDeanB, mrjinks and 2 others like this.
  18. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

no work, all play and fun!

No Archives reissues for a while folks. Back to these serious meetings.

Monasmee likes this.
  19. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

We Got the Beatles ;)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    theMess and Glenn Christense like this.
  20. Cokeman118

Cokeman118 Forum Resident

What if Paul said something like this "So I've been writing this one song for my new album, I've been working on it for some time, you know, I'm just now putting the finishing touches on it... And it reminded me a lot of when I wrote "Bip Bop" on the first Wings album. And you know, it was just me being playful, but it wasn't later until I though maybe I should have thought that one through a bit more, you know? People though my lyrics to "The Other Me" were a bit daft, you know, the "dust bin lid" bit. But it was just a play on words, you know, slang. But I think most people didn't understand that it actually meant "kid". So it's really a clever line I put in there. But with Bip Bop...the song was just ****ing awful, but I can't hate it too much, I wrote it after all and thought it must have some merit to put out there. You know, it's one of my babies. Well, anyway, so I've been writing this new song, and it was me doing my playful bit, and I wasn't really sure about it. So I phoned up my friend Trevor Horn, you know, and let him have a listen. He said it was his favorite song and I should keep it on the album. It's sort of my "Bip Bop" part 2. It was just little bits of songs I've had here and there and thought I should finish them up somehow."

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Yorick likes this.
  21. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

The added genius of Bip Bop is that the latter spells POB backwards.

theMess and somnar like this.
  22. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

So is this the new album then, Dub Sandwich?
    Paul McCartney / Dub Sandwich | superdeluxeedition
    [​IMG]

theMess, jlf and Monasmee like this.
  23. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

24. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Preemptively stealing Glenn's Joke™ about ordering from Amazon and then canceling it and ordering from Bullmoose to save 50 cents because who needs it on release day anyway?

Seriously, though, no book, no sale. Sorry, Paul. I refuse to spend $20 on a CD I don't want. I demand a $100 book I'll never read with stories you made up about recording the album to make yourself seem heroic also be included.

25. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

bob60 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.