Metallica - Master Of Puppets 2017 Remastered Deluxe edition announced*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nodeerforamonth, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Still haven’t cracked open these bad boys (deluxe box sets). One of these days..... I am eyeing up the new Stones box

2. cmarti

cmarti Forum Resident

Do you guys prefer the CDs vs the record pressings?

superstar19 likes this.
  3. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I prefer my original LPs over the CDs, but the latest vinyl remasters aren’t bad actually.

4. cmarti

cmarti Forum Resident

I concur as I own the Megaforce, Elektra, and the new ones and the new ones are great pressings.

5. Boswell

Boswell Forum Resident

What?! Send it to me, I'll listen the hell out of it :)

6. Master Of Puppets was life-changing for me. Musically it was massively important, but I've always loved the album's sonic signature too.

7. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Agreed.

8. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

That Essen show is ferocious!
    :cool:

..I.love the others too!!!

Clanceman likes this.
  9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

10. steveharris

I still can`t believe they only stuck the Osaka 11/18/86 show on a free cassette tape and streamed Eau Claire.It`s cool they put it out there for free but being old fashioned I still wish they would put it out on a physical CD or vinyl,especially the Osaka show!:thumbsup:
    I never get tired of these box sets!

Queezma and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Rycherocker634

Rycherocker634 Forum Resident

For what it's worth, the Metallica Store no longer lists the physical copies of the Master of Puppets Deluxe and Kill Em All Deluxe for sale. I know other stores still have copies.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. steveharris

A Newbury Comics I was at still has it up on the wall.I noticed recent Livemetallica soundboards disappearing from YouTube.

joshm2286 and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I passed this up when released and am now beyond pissed that I didn’t order a copy. :realmad::realmad::realmad: I just said screw it and got And Justice Deluxe Set off of Discogs for around $150. I see Ride The Lightning Deluxe listed as Back ordered in Pop Market. That seems like a risky proposition. Anyone know if they’re still pressing/making any more of these? Also, I searched and could not find a dedicated Ride The Lightning Deluxe thread.

Clanceman and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Still love this box set.

Love em all.

Every Metallica Super Deluxe Edition (+ my Brussels Affair Stones box) are easily my favorite box sets of all time.

15. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

The only one that is still in print is Justice...but I see them in a lot of stores around my area that couldn’t move them due to price point. The store I wrk at still has all of them in stock....except kill em all.

Jam757 and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. Vinyl Fan 1973

It’s too bad because Amazon Canada had the Justice box for $99 a few weeks ago, for an American that conversion is a joke! Just checked and it’s back up over $200. The Master box is up over $1000 by a third party seller.

Glad I got all my boxes on release day, I was not messing around with these. It’s funny because through all of this I said I’d stop at the Justice box, but now I think I will grab the Black album box too!

Queezma, Jam757 and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I need to be more on point when this **** is released!! Lol I always do the same thing wait and then scramble at the end as they’re drying up! I’m at least going to get Ride and Justice. Ride or Kill Em All are probably my favorites although I have a huge soft spot for Justice as well. I’d get Master of Puppets too but not for $500 plus.

18. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Yeah I actually thought Justice was going to be the big seller but it seems it didn’t sell nearly as well as first three.

19. Vinyl Fan 1973

Justice is my fave out of the 4, then Master. So much cool stuff in the Justice box, damn these are great releases. For my money the Master and Justice work in progress CDs are my faves.

Clanceman, Queezma and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

These sets are the gold standard for deluxe edition box sets. Motley could take a lesson from these.

21. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Any opinion of which is better between Kill em All or Ride? I am assuming the live material on Ride might be slightly better. I might get them both not sure yet. I also see a separate 3cd version of Master which has some of the works in progress, might pick that up too.

22. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

KEA has pretty much nothing to offer in the area of studio rarities if those are important to you. The rough mixes aren't actually rough mixes, they are just lower quality copies of the album mixes. The Whiplash remix is not actually a different mix, just had the album mix sound manipulated (and sounds worse). The only studio extras of any value are the two demo tracks which had only been previously released as b-sides with crowd noise dubbed onto them (also included). All the good stuff was apparently meant for the Leather set which never happened. I'm guessing that's also why the other '83 concert video wasn't included in the KEA set as the other sets had multiple shows on the DVD. It was probably slated for the Leather set as it has Mustaine. The Ride set is better in the studio rarities area and also the DVD.

mark renard, Clanceman and Jam757 like this.
  23. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Matthew Tate and Clanceman like this.
  24. Vinyl Fan 1973

Ride set definitely, even has the better vinyl remaster in my opinion. I had to have Kill Em All for what that album means to me personally. I did feel slightly confused with the rough mix CD, there is hardly any difference to what came out on the main album. It’s just nice having the live stuff and the picture disc and of course the book. The Kill book is one of my faves of the 4. So many great pics and stories. For me the Kill set should be about the live shows.

Clanceman and Jam757 like this.
  25. John Porcellino

John Porcellino Forum Resident

I picked up the 3 cd sets of these... Couldn't afford the big boxes. When Master box came out, the band was selling the book from the box on its own for super cheap, so I picked up the book, too (Master is my favorite). The rest of the box material I use streaming to listen to, and download my particular favorites.

For a band as notorious for their prickliness, they really did fans a tremendous service with these boxes!

Matthew Tate, Clanceman and Jam757 like this.