DCC Archive MFSL Rolling Stones London CD's

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pinknik, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member Thread Starter

Someone is listing these discs on Ebay, at some not too outrageous prices. What should one look for to make sure one isn't getting taken? Was MFSL's name actually on the outside of the product somewhere? Thanks.

2. Evan

Evan Senior Member

I have all of the London cds and they are much better than the Abkco discs, especially “Aftermath”. That is a must have disc. After that, I would work on getting Hot Rocks 1 and 2. The German discs are the best. The Japanese discs are also quite good, just not as good as the German pressings, IMHO. Some people claim that the London and Abkco are the same sound wise, but I beg to differ. The sound stage is wider (stereo songs only, of course) and the sound is much clearer and lifelike, IMHO. Also, the mono songs sound great with a whole lot of “Punch”. Of course, if you are listening on a boombox, you cannot hear any difference. The differences start to show on better systems. :D

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yeah, once you listen to Aftermath on the German Londons, you totally stop whatever you're doing just to pick up your jaw.

Shows off the possibilities for more that might come in our lifetime. Here's for hoping!

4. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Does anyone have a genuine London "Flowers" they would be willing to dupe for me? Please? :p

5. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

Me too!!!!

:p

6. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Why do you say that?

7. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

I have the Japanese Flowers, if people are seriously interested....it isn't anytihng all that special, though (most of the tracks, naturally, show up somewhere else).

Email me at [email protected].

-D

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I was *wondering* who sent me that copy of Flowers so long ago ;)

9. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Luke,

I was referring to Hot Rocks 1 and 2. The Japanese versions sound less clear, even a little muddled, to my ears. As for the rest of the CDs, I have never really taken time to compare them. When I get back home I will have to compare them and let you know if there is a difference.

Evan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.