Michael Jackson's Thriller - 40 years' 2CD special edition - November 30th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Diego Lucas, May 16, 2022.

1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, I know 1984 - and 1981 - are available online.

I want official DVD releases! :)

2. ShepPettiboneMix

ShepPettiboneMix Look, it’s not you, it’s me......

Ah fair enough I stand corrected. Although it sort of demonstrates the issue. The fact that there’s nothing from Thriller on Thriller 25, apart from Got The Hots on the Japanese Edition, or buy KOP Italian Edition. Such a hodgepodge approach.

For All Time is a great track indeed.

andy75 and Rufus rag like this.
  3. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

Yes. You are so right. It's a shame that the various unreleased songs and demos are spread out over so many different releases.

ShepPettiboneMix likes this.
  4. innuendo141

innuendo141 I want to pet your dog.

Iv been listening to this live album recently and I'd swear every single lead vocal was overdubbed or flat out re-recorded in the studio. You can hear original live vocals under the mix in every song and MJ sounds literally flawless compared to any Triumph videos we've seen.

Still love the album, but once you hear it it can't be unheard.

5. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident Thread Starter

Another week, another bonus track announced. Today it was the Rod Temperton penned “Got the Hots,” which fans will be familiar with due its release on the Japanese version of the 2008 “Thriller 25” album. It was previously considered for the 2001 “Thriller Special Edition,” but never made the got cut.

This is another song written by Rod Temperton for “Thriller” but it didn’t make the cut. It was ultimately included on certain versions of the King of Pop compilation album released in various international markets in 2008. Pre-order #Thriller40 now Thriller 40 pic.twitter.com/WmGZ2lcxxM

6. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

So there is not going to be a double vinyl edition with the bonus tracks on disc 2?

7. David m bond

David m bond Forum Resident

I hope this has Hot Street, just hearing this on YT, id love a proper mastered version on disc.

8. Sconcho

Sconcho Forum Resident

My goodness what a bunch of amateur school play nonsense at the start, all that sword in the stone hoohah.

Sean, FACE OF BOE and mBen989 like this.
  9. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

Me too. And the KoP edit or unreleased full version of Carousel.

ShepPettiboneMix and andrewskyDE like this.
  10. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

11. innuendo141

ShepPettiboneMix, Jarleboy and Bink like this.
  12. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I noticed that Spike Lee isn't directing this documentary. I remember reading after the Bad25 and Off the Wall documentaries that he would like to make one for Thriller to complete the trilogy.

I see many fans online are not impressed that Nelson George is behind this documentary. He has apparently written less than complimentary articles about Michael in the past! That said, the writers of the Broadway musical have also said things that fans have not been happy about.

ShepPettiboneMix likes this.
  13. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Supposedly Prince didn't like him either. Prince's "Bob George" is a combination of his name and another journalist he didn't like.

ShepPettiboneMix, Piiijiii and Bink like this.
  14. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Well this is a nice surprise.... the next track to be revealed to be on the Thriller reissue is one I have never heard of called What a Lovely Way To Go.

15. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident Thread Starter

This was actually a song originally written by Michael in the late 1970s but revisited by him at the time he was writing songs for the Thriller album. It didn’t make the album and had never been released until now. Pre-order #Thriller40 now: https://michaeljackson.lnk.to/Thriller40th

[​IMG]

16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Okay, looks like I'm definitely on board buying the 2-CD edition. Maybe there's more previously unknown songs coming to the second disc?
    [Edit:] I also guess 'Hot Street', 'Carousel' and 'Somewhere In The Dark' will be included. Was it already mentioned how many bonus tracks will be in there?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  17. innuendo141

10 songs for disc 2. Of the 5 remaining titles, I'm hoping for Hot Street, Nite Line and Starlight.

If Hot Street and Nite Line aren't included, you can be sure they are being held back for some future piss poor remix/contemporised album thing, as both songs have 100% polished vocals and backing vocals.

Also hoping for the extended/full version of The Lady In My Life but I've read that some tracks have already been registered on some YouTube thing which are Cant Get Outta The Rain, Carousel and Sunset Driver.

18. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Do you think the demo for The Girl is Mine is also a possibility?

19. Kenny Saxton

Kenny Saxton Forum Resident

Definitely no

20. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

Is that based on knowledge or just your preference?

21. Gavman

Gavman Forum Resident

Listening to the 40th edition of the album (9 original album tracks now available) on Apple Music now. Compared with the hi res version and 25th available on Apple; significantly quieter mastering. The master is CD resolution; not an issue for me as I’m not sold on hi res over cd if the mastering is the same.

Have an early cd of Thriller with great sound; so this version isn’t essential to me. However; it’s nice to have a decent (to my ears) modern remaster to add to my streaming library.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  22. innuendo141

I do, and also the studio demo of Billie Jean too that leaked with the other songs 10 years ago. Although it's silly to be excluded from the bonus digital tracks. I have it on TGIM 2008 CD single.

Bink likes this.
  23. Happs

Happs Forum Resident

Is Wikipedia correct with the digital only bonus track listing?

Thriller 40 - Wikipedia

What do you forecast the price difference will be between the complete album with digital only bonus tracks vs the complete album without the digital only bonus tracks?

24. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I think that tracklist is accurate.

25. Kenny Saxton

Kenny Saxton Forum Resident

Based on knowledge

Bink likes this.