Micky Dolenz - The MGM Singles Collection (Monkees)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by IainLee, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I just got this CD from Bull Moose (last copy in stock). Really great stuff. Thanks for the hard work, Iain!

D-rock and Brian Mc like this.
  2. SimonTemplar240

SimonTemplar240 New Member

I just ordered this CD from Amazon. I've been holding off on this purchase but everyone's impassioned discussion finally swayed me. Thanks!

Hep Alien likes this.
  3. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

I pulled out this CD last night and listened to some of it again. I also read the booklet, which is great and very informative.

So does this CD actually serve as a compendium of all Micky's solo 45s of the era?

I know "Don't Do It" and "Huff Puff" are outside the scope of this set, but aside from that, does it cover everything else?

I also enjoyed the Davy Jones Live In Japan CD/DVD set which is almost like a companion to the Micky CD, featuring all these songs from 45s only released in Japan, England or whatever. Back in the 1980s I was trying to keep up with all that stuff but there are several I never got around to getting.

The only really major omission seems to be Davy's few MGM singles. It would be nice to get them on some kind of release eventually.

Anyway, thanks to Iain, Glenn and company for these great sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.