Mill Creek complete TV series DVD sets

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

What do you guys think of the Mill Creek DVD releases of comlpete TV series?

I have 3 or 4 of them and they're a great value but all the discs are packaged in paper envelopes and stacked up in the keep case which is kind of annoying.

Here's a video review of the Roseanne complete series set (not my video) which is a really good value considering you get 222 episodes for something like $35.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  2. balzac

balzac Senior Member

In the case of "Roseanne", it's a bit of a unique situation because the old Anchor Bay set for Season One used the syndicated versions for some reason. Other than that, the old Anchor Bay sets are better (more bonus features, better and less compressed video quality, and certainly better packaging). I have the Anchor Bay sets, but did pick up Mill Creek's release of Season 1 to get the unaltered episodes.

The Mill Creek stuff is good for what it is, cheap, all-inclusive sets.

MikaelaArsenault and Benno123 like this.
  3. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

He's not showing a complete set.
    I have the Married With Children set. Cheap, convenient, and has the correct theme music(And thats important- I NEVER get tired of it)

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah, I know (I just like his videos). :) The complete Roseanne set is in the same kind of Keepcase but it's just thicker because it has 27 discs.

5. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

Hear, hear! I've got the Wanted: Dead or Alive series and it's a great 11-disc set. The paper sleeves and the box are a bit annoying, but when I think of my cumbersome box sets of M Squad and The Naked City, it's all good.

6. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

"Miami Vice" on Blu-ray was a mess, it seems as though NO ONE did any Q.C. before putting that out. There have been many requests for replacement discs due to various audio and video issues.

7. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

All the seasons have the correct theme?

8. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

I have the 12-disc Special Edition version of that Wanted all-in-one (the one with the bonus disc), and I'm just about to be through the first season, and, IMO, it's pretty dadgum good for a Western! I have that M Squad release too, and cumbersome though it might be, it was well worth it for me, being, IMO, the great show that it was.

fr in sc likes this.
  9. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

So far.

10. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

They have offered replacement discs for two of the discs that had mistakes related to the 5.1 audio tracks, and responded at length to other perceived issues:

I haven't seen the Blu-ray set yet, but I've got one on the way after being unable to resist when Amazon had it for $29.99. I'll request the replacement discs, but the identified audio issues probably won't affect me for now as my current system is two-channel only, no 5.1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.