Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Sony and the Dylan people would never allow that.

2. Well the original Europe 72 three LP set had tons of vocal and instrument overdubs; like many live albums if the day. They rarely stated that anywhere back then

3. Holler Wanderer

Holler Wanderer Too much of everything is just enough

I've been wondering this myself.

Craig's Story likes this.
  4. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

The question wasn’t about the 3LP. It was about what was used for those songs on the Complete set.

5. Cup of Joe

Cup of Joe Forum Resident

6. DeanoBee

DeanoBee Lifelong Music Junkie

Drew769 likes this.
  7. DeanoBee

Mofi has the Eldorado 1S as well now, with 1056 copies on hand. I suspect it will be quite some time before they print 10,000 of these

8. gr8trak

gr8trak Forum Resident

Spinning the one step now. Loving it! Full and luscious. Jeff Lynne’s genius on full display.

Terry, mpayan, Echoes Myron and 4 others like this.
  9. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Probably a very long time. The 33RPM SuperVinyl version didn’t exactly encounter much demand.

Swordsandchains and DeanoBee like this.
  10. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I ordered mine 3 1/2 years ago....no copy yet.

DeanoBee likes this.
  11. DeanoBee

My 33 RPM Eldorado was #3514 which is more than some others. I bought Hall & Oates H2O last month, and even though it came out in 2014, my number was #2750 with this batch of represses. Bill Withers was #5847 (recent repress) and been out since 2016. Lots of examples where they don't print a ton.

FWatty likes this.
  12. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

What kind of packaging for new 45s One Step, still a box?

DeanoBee likes this.
  13. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Have you checked on your order status recently? I remember they canceled my preorder on it because it seemed like the one step got killed. Which was fine because I got the Supervinyl pressing instead.

14. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

Someone was selling copies of it for under $30 on discogs recently. Might still be there…curious if anybody has the one step and the non-one step and has thoughts on how they compare. Haven’t scrolled back to see if a comparison has been done yet

this_machine likes this.
  15. gr8trak

gr8trak Forum Resident

I moved recently and I’m just down the street from Music Direct so just drove down today and picked it up.

DeanoBee, Tullman and OE3 like this.
  16. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

It’s like $38 at plaid room.

17. Britto Vincent

Britto Vincent Forum Resident

Yes, it's the same 45 RPM One-Step box as before. I received my copy today, but I haven't gotten a chance to open it yet.

formu_la likes this.
  18. gr8trak

gr8trak Forum Resident

Sadly, yes.

formu_la likes this.
  19. DeanoBee

Yes, same packaging

formu_la likes this.
  20. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

Has anyone been able to compare the ELO 1step vs the previous super vinyl version? Curious if I'm missing out on much.

21. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

Yes. I meant to cancel this preorder when I picked up the 33rpm version, but apparently neglected to, because the One Step arrived today.

I've listened to the 33 probably 10 times and really enjoy it, but until now, haven't had anything to compare it to.

It turns out a DSD256 file spinning at 33 sounds quite similar to the same file spinning at 45rpm. The One Step has tighter bass (but less of it) and more prominent treble. I think I actually prefer the 33, but we're talking about maybe a 10% difference here. Both versions sound excellent.

22. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Well, to keep things straight, it's not that "a DSD256 spinning at 33 sounds quite similar to the same file spinning at 45rpm", but that this particular one, in your system sounds that way to your ears. And it may very well be, I'm not speaking for you here. I'm just saying that for this particular example of the two, they might be quite similar sounding. That could be due to the limitations of the original recording, or the way they mastered it. As we've said before, cutting at 45rpm has greater potential for high-fidelity, but that doesn't mean that every record or recording will take advantage of it.

23. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

You don't need to convince me of the merits of 45rpm. I am a little skeptical of what benefit remains to be eked out once you're pulling from the same digital file for each release, unless the album is particularly long.

24. AudioTimes

AudioTimes Forum Resident

The benefits of 45rpm cut and playback are the same regardless of source being analog or digital.

Randy Goldberg and AnalogJ like this.
  25. Curious why there would be less differences using the same file as opposed to using the same tape?