Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

2. Grateful Griller

Grateful Griller Forum Resident

Cup of Joe likes this.
  3. NorthernFusion

NorthernFusion There's some fear in letting go...

Can confirm the same fate for me, the invoice says Mobile Fidelity, so hopefully an open and shut case. Still surprised that it was listed on Discogs as such, seems a bit sloppy.

dusttones likes this.
  4. zosobird

zosobird Forum Resident

Anyone know the status of the Bitches Brew one-step? Its been a long while since they were announced (pre mofi-gate). Seems odd it would take this long.

5. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Would love more impressions of how Nashville Skyline compares to originals

It's a damn short album for 45rpm

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Everything is crystal clear, the sound is very pleasing to my ears. No regrets whatsoever about buying my copy a few years back.

djost, Dartman and Bobsblkwax like this.
  7. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Do you have an original to compare to?

I know many people love the Dylan MoFi's and I don't have the ones that are most heralded like Desire, but for example there's not a ton of difference between an original Pat Garrett and the MoFi

audiotom likes this.
  8. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

It's not the length, it's the speed. Have you ever heard 12" 45rpm singles?? I have many, including some Dire Straits ones. They're not disco-fied or extra length. They're just big and dynamic. Fidelity at the outer edge of a 33 is very good, but fidelity diminishes quite a bit as the groove goes inward. The fidelity of cutting at 45 remains huge, even as the groove progresses toward the center.

ted321 likes this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Not anymore and I don’t compare. Just upgrade and sell.
    Desire is really wonderful.

10. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

I know

Forget I said anything about the speed

I just want to know how it compares to the originals because putting aside sound quality speed increases prices due to their being two discs

AnalogJ and struttincool like this.
  11. PATB

PATB Recovering Vinyl Junkie

How is the pressing quality of these recent MoFi Dylan represses? I had to give up on the recent MoFi My Funny Valentine repress and took a refund after two tries. I can use my refund to get a Dylan o_O

12. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

It's all the same plant

Though as mentioned above for some bizarre reason it seems the Miles stuff is the only MoFi/RTI releases that seem to suffer from blotching. It makes no sense but yet it's my experience and seems like others' experience as well

bruinuclafan and PATB like this.
  13. bluesfan

bluesfan Forum Resident

Still, the WLP and the original Columbia of Desire sound better to my ears than the MoFi.

I compared my original to the MoFi and it is more transparent. The vocals, the background vocals, the acoustic guitar and the violin sound more natural. The MoFi has quieter vinyl, smoother vocals, punchier bass and bass drum, but the violin sounds a bit screechy.

bmusic likes this.
  14. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

It's the best version I've heard by far. I still have my original if I don't want to flip the record so often - about every 16 seconds in this case. But the sound is lovely.

bruinuclafan and Crush87 like this.
  15. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

This guy is painful to listen to. Stumbling mumbling.

16. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I have this record, and I agree.

Mok likes this.
  17. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

It turns out that most of these are AAA, and some even used the original master tape.

Rocco1, MonkeyTennis and Jrr like this.
  18. Sipuncula

Sipuncula Forum Resident

I'm only lacking Greatest Hits, and I placed an order at least a year-and-a-half ago (awaiting repress). I don't even remember my login or if my credit card expiration date I used at the time is still valid. Kind of gave up on it. I guess it's time to keep an eye on things. Now where is that login info??

Found it... still awaiting repress...
    I couldn't wait years for the others and paid dearly.

19. Vinyl Junkie

Vinyl Junkie Forum Resident

I thought this sold out but Blood , Sweat, and Tears is now back in stock at MD.

Bill Withers Still Bill in stock as well.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  20. brucej4

brucej4 Forum Resident

120 Blood, Sweat and Tears in stock right now. I know that many are tired of the music, but for me this is a Top 5, probably even Top 3, One Step.

21. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

I guess I'll give this one a shot. Thanks for posting.

DeanoBee likes this.
  22. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

wonder when the next release will be?

im actually hoping its something i dont want or it would be nice if they skip this month. im making good progress paying back my credit card.

23. MCM_Fan

MCM_Fan Senior Member

Thanks! I'm thrilled to see Blood, Sweat and Tears back in stock. My order is placed. No, if only Abraxas and The Nightfly would come back in stock. A guy can dream...

24. DeanoBee

DeanoBee Lifelong Music Junkie

Possible unopened returns from Mofi gate? Interesting and thanks for posting. I have not looked at MD for weeks.

Beach House likes this.
  25. Crosseyed

Crosseyed help I'm a rock

Picked up the Bill Evans and Jim Hall - Undercurrent. This is not a well recorded album to begin with so MoFi did not have much to work with here. It sounds good and I'm glad to have a decent copy of such an amazing album.