Mobile Fidelity's Run DMC "Raising Hell" 45 RPM and SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MemoInPR, Jul 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mine was just cancelled from them. We didn’t get enough

2. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

Mar 12 - Apr 12 for me

LivLif likes this.
  3. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Mazzy, are you really a fan of this album? Your music tastes are very diverse but your wit is often dry, I never know whether to trust the wit or your love of diverse music.

Mazzy likes this.
  4. Dre327

Dre327 Well-Known Member

Hi Mazzy,

When did you place your order with Acoustic?

5. Sometime in late January I think

6. I used to have an OG copy of it that I bought in 87 or so. Loved it. When I did my 95 record purge of 2000 albums , a third of my collection at the time, it went away and I later got a CD of it. I still have a couple of their 12” singles.

if I still had that OG I probably wouldn’t be interested in this MoFi. I only double dip on my very favorite albums.

peskypesky, hi_watt and eelkiller like this.
  7. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

I have the OG CD and it sounds fantastic. I slept on this mainly because I have been very disappointed in Mofi pressing quality lately and ended up missing out...unless my Amazon order from a month ago miraculously shows up one day.

hi_watt likes this.
  8. Yeah I still have an Amazon pre order still hanging but don’t expect it to happen.

bmh5879 likes this.
  9. edkall

edkall Forum Resident

March 11 - April 9 for me.

10. LivLif

LivLif Forum Resident

If your Amazon order doesn’t go through let me know.

Mazzy likes this.
  11. Beach House

Beach House Forum Resident

Called Acoustic Sounds and updated my payment info. My order status from 8/7/20 is now “In Process”.

12. I will.

LivLif likes this.
  13. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I got mine from Plaid Room this past week. Been working nonstop, have not had a chance to spin it yet.

If I wind up with extra copies, I’ll probably put them up for trade here

14. Tooth

Tooth Forum Resident

I just called Acoustic Sounds. They said they are going out next week. They adjusted my order from 2 copies (which was the limit at the time I ordered) to 1. I was told that they did that to everyone’s order who ordered 2 because they didn’t get enough and they wanted to make sure everyone got one. I guess I’m cool with that. Seems fair, but the second copy was for my brother who I guess should have ordered one separately is pretty heated about it. Oh well. Lesson learned.

jboersma likes this.
  15. Flusani

Flusani Forum Resident

I preorded in august through my local store. I went by them last week and asked about the status on DMC. They told me it hadnt been canceled and assumed the order would be furfilled. That got my hope up a tiny bit but im far from confident that i will get a copy.

16. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I just opened my vinyl shipment from Bull Moose and it has a corner ding. Huge bummer. I hate that. I think I’ll exchange this for another copy. (Kidding, of course. That’s the problem with limited releases). At least the vinyl looks fine and sounds fantastic. It is what it is.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  17. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Mine says Arriving Mar 11 - Apr 12

18. Voodooman93

Voodooman93 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Woohoo! My Acoustic Sounds order shipped! I love Acoustic Sounds, they always pull through. Ordered mine in late December.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  19. Voodooman93

Voodooman93 Well-Known Member

Acoustic Sounds new shipping boxes make it almost impossible for damage to be incurred by postal handling. I highly recommend ordering anything that’s pricey or rare from them. I’ve never had a challenge with my orders from them.

20. jphabc54

jphabc54 Forum Resident

Really excited to see that more folks are finally getting their hands on this. Just wait until you hear the percussion on Is It Live -- made my jaw drop.

21. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Last shipment I got from Elusive Disc had 4 LP's some singles, some doubles. The shipping box was like a Sherman Tank.

22. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

musical instruments played by striking with the hand or with a handheld or pedal-operated stick or beater, or by shaking, including drums, cymbals, xylophones, gongs, bells, and rattles.

23. jboersma

jboersma Tower of Power

That's encouraging. I'm still waiting to hear about my AS pre-order. They haven't cancelled it, so still holding out hope it ships.

24. FulhamTarheel

FulhamTarheel Forum Resident

Ordered two copies. One from Acoustic Sounds when it was announced MoFi was shipping, and I got a second order from MoFi when they had some come available on their site.

Got my MoFi copy last week--#1272.

Emailed Acoustic Sounds soon after, to see if my order was still up. They said that my order should still be fulfilled, even though others have been cancelled.

Yesterday got a shipment order from them. It's on the way!

When I get the second, I'll decide which to play and which to keep in shrink.

peskypesky likes this.
  25. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

AS came through, shipment on the way. Preorder was placed 12/10. The only other title that was harder to get was the Johnny Cash.
    Good luck to everyone!

jboersma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.