Monacor / IMG Stage Line SPR-6 Pre-amp / Phono Stage Owners' Thread

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by LivingForever, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILiveInSpivland

ILiveInSpivland Active Member

Thanks to all on this thread and others who recommended the monacor/stageline pre amp.
    I got mine today from amazon for about 27 GBP on special, and these days it comes with a U.K adapter into the bargain.
    true, i'm only comparing it to my behringer PP400 and am only using an ortofon om10 cartridge on my marantz model 6370Q turntable
    through my little T-amp Sure Electronics TA 2024 into Goodmans Axiom 201's, completely unmounted in anything.
    but Wings, Blue Mink and Jean Michelle Jarre just sounded quite pleasant i must say.
    i prefer to the behringer (by the way what is behringer copying ? is it a NAD PP something or other ?
    they are well known for copying circuits are behringer)
    I feel like i am gradually edging toward Hi Fi .. next up a panasonic 125 cd player and a tda7297 amp.

33na3rd likes this.
  2. kurtphyre

kurtphyre Senior Member<br>Formerly fogged.zep

I'm just checking in to see if anybody else has any thoughts about the Monacor? Specifically, vs a Rega Fono Mini A2D?

3. Thorensman

Thorensman Forum Resident

It worked very well with a v15.
    Warm sounding.
    Sweet. As class A usually is.
    I ran mine off a 9v lead/acid battery
    .it seems to embarrass many costly designs.
    I fitted a mono switch to mine

33na3rd likes this.
  4. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I have the Rega unit but do not have the Monacor. However, I did have a generic Chinese preamp a few years ago that looks suspiciously a lot like the Monacor. The main difference was that the generic preamp including a captive power cord rather than a wall-wart. There was also no grounding post, but I could ground to one of the case screws. No idea if the two designs are related. The Chinese unit was okay but definitely worse than the Rega.

RE: the Rega I think it is a decent product but not the best phono stage I've owned.

5. Phil Thien

Phil Thien Forum Resident

I've noticed that the raves about the Monacor come from European users, and a U.S. user running it on a battery.

Any chance the people that haven't been fans are running an A/C adapter that (in the U.S.) isn't developing the correct output voltage?

6. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

I just bumped into this old thread. Wanted to add that I found the difference in sound between these files (Monacor vs Schiit mani) to be huge! If I had a higher output MM at the moment I would certainly give the Monacor a try.

7. Enco99

Enco99 Member

Hi robegian. I found this forum, because I decided to step in to analog with TT in buget around 500€. I started to looking in old TESLA TT, which are a lot in Slovakia , Czech rep. because was produced here past years. Now there is pretty simmilar in Pro ject. After many discusion I fond , I started to compare on base of rewiews. Finaly I am close to make decision for Rega Planar 1, and I am looking for phono preamp. So I found in some reviews to Shiit mani as best in its price level as enough dynamic, rhytmic, deep bass, open space, clear highs, so on. Oposite that I bought the IMG Stage line SPR-6 years ago for 35€ to check one old TT AIWA of my wife and it was not working at all, because of the TT. So I still have at home. My question is, what you think about Rega Planar 1 , with upgrade to MP-110 , PSR-6, throgh the Yamaha RX-450 playing on Dynavoice Defintition DF-5. I just wondreing about the compatibility of Rega and MP-110 on SPR-6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.