Monkees HEAD from Rhino Handmade (Part two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Is anyone able to scan the individual CD jackets and the 45 jacket so that I can use them for my itunes playlist?

2. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Me too.

3. zen

zen Senior Member

The funniest part of this box is the "Introduction To Live Show" on CD 2.

4. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

I agree. Some people are actually complaining about the 'dust' when you cut open the envelope. For God's sake. Deal.

I ordered mine with 'whenever it gets there' shipping and it got here. It's fine. nothing wrong with it...envelope dust and all.

5. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Update: my copy is now within my greedy little hands! Listening to disc 2 (naturally)! Very cool that Rhino put the 45 inside the box.

6. dasjr

dasjr Forum Resident

7. JDistheone

JDistheone Forum Resident

Nice pics!

At last we see the dreaded padded envelope! and how about that shink wrap! the only thing missing is a pic of just the shrink wrap. I collect shrink wrap from packages and I can't wait to add this one to my collection, oh and I'm sure the music will be ok.

8. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

"California Here It Comes"..........................ugh.

I can honestly say that I never look forward to any of Tork's unreleased "gems" but I guess it's nice having the track available on CD.

9. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

The music is moderately better than the shrink wrap.

Say what... :eek: ... collect shrink wrap. Please elaborate.

10. mr.schneider

I'll take more Tork. I'm a Peter people.

11. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Looks great! Can't wait for it to arrive.

Has anyone in the UK (or outside the US) had their set arrive yet?

12. Tracy Robison

Tracy Robison Forum Resident

My wife was looking through the pictures on our camera and came across the shots I took of my set. All she said was, "You had quite a photo shoot, huh?"

13. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

Just got mine, and sadly, it is pretty banged up. One corner of the outside box is creased, the Mini-LP disc 1 has a gash in the mirrored cover, and the tray that houses the discs is ripped and creased, with a gash going through the top quote of the poster that's printed inside it. I called Rhino customer service, and they are sending another one out to me. No word on whether or not they'll expect me to send this one back...

14. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

Here's some pics...

:shake:

Attached Files:

15. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Agreed....I keep checking in to this thread hoping I'll read reviews on the MUSIC instead of the mailing envelopes. Except for a few small examples, I have yet to find what I'm looking for.

16. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I think the same thing when people leave negative feedback for cracked
    CD jewel cases. :rolleyes:

Darryl

17. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

I just want to own everything and anything but give me the unreleased Nesmith material anyday.

18. mr.schneider

I need some alooone time.

19. I'm coming a bit late to this party, as my set just arrived today, but I'll probably offer up some thoughts as I have them over the hours and days to come.

First of all, I love the packing! It's absolutely perfect. I hate to even touch it - it's just too precious to touch!

Secondly, I'm about half way through the liner notes and my favorite passage so far is Nesmith on Tork's contributions: "I think they're the best songs in the movie. I thought they were just terrific... when those two songs start up in the movie, it comes alive for me.

God, it warms my heart when, on the too rare occasion, The Monkees speak well of one another! Especially, when Nesmith is saying something nice about Tork; he always says nice things about Micky and even sometimes Davy, but you don't hear him say a lot about Peter.

What also makes the quote nice is that I always get the sense that Nez has never really listened to Monkees music - that I'm probably better familiar with, say, the Dolenz & Jones tracks on "Birds, Bees" or "Present" than he is, so it's really nice to hear him remark on one of the other guy's songs!

Without having yet heard a note, this set is already worth every penny! And can I second readr's thoughts when he writes, "You know what's sick about this is I would probably shell out another $50+ for Handmade treatments of the first four albums -- if they were given a third disc and packaged with this kind of care"?

20. factory44

factory44 Forum Resident

YES! YES! YES! WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE!!!!!

21. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

+1

Sign me up for more please.:agree:

22. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I would happily shell out $50+ also for the first four done in this manner. I usually purchase just about everything Monkees.

Exception being that collection for kids "A Barrelful of Monkees" and this http://www.rhino.com/shop/product/rhino-rhino-handmade-monkees-martini-shaker-set Just can't do it...

23. lovingcup

lovingcup New Member

I am so jealous of you guys with the set. Hopefully there will be some left for Xmas. I'm looking forward to getting it then.
    So far everyone seems happy with it.
    Head is my 2nd fav after Headquarters.
    I feel your pain about the cardboard mailers. I sold a record on ebay a while back and I think the USPS drop kicked it even though I packaged it well. The guy was not happy and sent me many poison emails so bad I got scared to check my email (he called me rude names).
    Anyhoo, back to the music...
    Is everyone happy with the Salt Lake City live stuff?

24. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

Slightly off-topic, but when were Andrew's responses to the Forum members' questions anticipated to be posted?

25. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I got this too. :hide:

Darryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.