Monkees INSTANT REPLAY appreciation & potential Rhino Handmade deluxe

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MusicFan76, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

I don't think there is enough material to put out a 4 disc PAC&J set, maybe not enough for a 3 disc set.

2. paste

paste Forum Resident

I just checked Amazon and it looks like the single cd version is going for over $40 used. I plan on ordering the new set, but I can sympathize for those that would just like to have the version of the album they remember without any bunch of extras they don't care about. Same case with Head and the BBM, but used copies of those seem easier to find and go about $20 used.

Does anyone know when and/or why the 90s cd issues with bonus tracks went out of print?

3. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

The later titles (Instant, Present & Changes) were already going out of print around 2003/4. I recall this as it was around the time I purchased them and some sites had low stock while others had none at all. The earlier titles (Monkees, More, Headquarters, Pisces, Birds, Head) remained in a print a few more years.

4. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

I can't sympathize with that too much. I find it hard to believe at this stage in the game that there would be fans who want Instant Replay -- but wouldn’t want all the extra stuff. This is an album that appeals only to hardcore fans to begin with.

The album was available for years and years, in multiple formats. It's gone in and out of print, of course, but it has been reissued twice already -- on vinyl and cassette in the '80s and on CD in the '90s. The Rhino CD was readily available for probably 10 years or more. You'd think that most anyone who really wanted it would have gotten it by now. If you missed the boat, then oh well. I guess those folks who really need the album may have to "settle" for a deluxe 3-CD version with amazing packaging and tons of bonus material.

5. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I actually voted for all of them. I've always liked the album and don't really think there are any clunkers in the batch.

6. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

New separate thread dedicated to the now "official" release of 'Instant Replay' deluxe edition started by Michelle here: http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=266561

Michelle also provided a download link that includes all 87 sound samples from the new set, all titled and included album art. Nice to put into itunes. Michelle is da bomb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.