"Moody Blues UFO Encounter!" (article)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chewy, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewy

chewy Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've been learning a lot of stuff recently, with varying degrees of credibility, but if graeme edge says the moody blues encountered aliens.....I mean that really does explain a lot, if you know their music.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Billo

Billo Forum Resident

remember it was NOT the classic 'core seven' era 'Mark 2' Moodies but The original R & B playing Moodies of 'Go Now' fame who had the UFO encounter

- tho' maybe altering the mindset of messrs Pinder, Thomas and Edge' ?

hence;

Pinder - 'Thinking is the best way to travel...'/ 'Gazing past the planets looking for total view...'/' The ship to take you there is waiting at the head of the stairs that lead up through your open mind...'

Edge - 'vast vision must improve our sight..' / 'climb to tranquility finding it's real worth conceiving the heavens flourishing on Earth...'

Thomas - 'Floating about on the moon, guess you'll all be up here soon...!' / 'Turning spinning catherine wheeling forever changing there's no beginning, your so very far from home and so very much alone...travelling Eternity Road...'

while there is a flying saucer on the cover of 'Days of Future Passed' later in 1967

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Doggiedogma likes this.
  3. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

How can he describe an alien when he never mentions a being or beings leaving the craft? Wouldn’t somethingbexoting the craft be included in the story?

4. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

I've never heard anything in any of their music that was "unearthly."

5. chewy

Listen to what this guy says about Mike Pinder describing his memories from before he was born..... (c. 4:00 in..)

6. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

You must have never listened to the album To Our Childrens Childrens Children. The entire album is 'unearthly'.

7. Yes, particularly “Out and In”.

zen likes this.
  8. chewy

Look, discovering all this great progressive rock age 10-11 (talking about c. 1990 here people)- i definely thought it was cosmic-- but then years go by and you get older and screwed over by everyone and become and adult, and after meeting these bands numerous times and seeing them from the front row and stuff, you realize they are not gods, they are merely these human people, who started these bands as youth and it just exploded to this worldwide thing, and now are old. Well I guess it turns out there IS a cosmic aspect to it afterall, and the ETs **ARE ** aware of Yes and Renaissance and the Moddy Blues and know they are awesome and positivly affecting humanity worldwide.

And heres the real clinker, out of all my youtube research this last month on the subject of ET life, THIS was the thing that was hardest to swallow.......even thought it made the most sense. Watch that video posted, he also mentioned a lennon/may pang encounter in nyc.

Doggiedogma and Jimijam like this.
  9. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

Looks like you missed a lot of their records...

10. Carl Swanson

Yes, I've listened to it since I bought my first copy in 1969. All very nice, but clearly terrestrial.

11. Carl Swanson

Actually, I bought the first seven albums as they were released, and have had them in my collection in one form or another ever since.

Perhaps they read science fiction in their youth.

savemenow likes this.
  12. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

You must have a different copy of “Children’s” than what I got if what you got sounds “terrestrial”....
    Maybe you have a mono copy...?.
    :)

13. chewy

Maybe the magic is folded down but id LOVE to get one of these:
    [​IMG]

14. Billo

Billo Forum Resident

Justin Hayward has said after he and John joined they were still doing the R & B material - and that guy told them how rubbish they were ! - but he spoke of them duly dropping the older bluesy songs, writing their own material....and on a tour doing a gig down at Glastonbury after which it 'felt different' - they must then have moved to Belgium for a time and it went from there

I note on 'Threshold of A Dream' songs (besides Justin's Tyler music contract) were 'Ark music' which presumably referred to the lost ark (think Harrison Ford)

certainly by 'Lost Chord' when Mike was pondering that 'Thinking is the Best Way To Travel' and Justin sang of 'Voices in The Sky' and with Ray co-wrote 'Visions of Paradise' and John was entering the 'House of Four Doors' etc a deeper more mystical tinged angle was appearing in their music building on their depiction of a day in both humanity and the planet's life - and a spaced out theme both imagination and literally was added as the 'core seven' albums unfolded, especially on 'Have You Heard' ('Eternity's waiting, waiting for you and me...') and TOCCC album

the group members themselves were of course just talented creative 'singers in a ...' etc - not mystic prophets or space beings as some deluded people strangely seemed to believe (weaponising some downright unpleasant people - some jealous 'chip on their shoulder' failed would be 'rock stars' themselves, others just plain nasty like today's internet trolls etc, to make verbal attack on the band members personally) ...while the band were simply being artistic and passing their work onto their public (just like every other artist does in any field of course)

Doggiedogma likes this.
  15. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

Wouldn't mind hearing the mono

16. Billo

Billo Forum Resident

it's just a fold down from the stereo version with no differences in the tracks just in mono

the label is a darker red Threshold motif and credits on white as opposed to blue stereo motif and credits

it was the final Moodies album to have a mono version THM 1

17. Dylancat

Dylancat Forum Resident

Good info.
    Thx

18. Further

Further Forum Resident

Very interesting. Thanks for posting that.

It makes perfect sense to me but then again, I'm of the creative type that has an open mind to all possibilities. Even if you don't want to buy in to the whole alien trip or whatever you want to call it, it's clear to me that great ideas, inspiration and "musical gifts" certainly come from a higher place or state of consciousness than many people are even aware of or even want to tap into for that matter because they don't understand it.

The key is to embrace it. Some of the best things come when you get out of the way of yourself and let "it" flow directly through you.

chewy and Doggiedogma like this.
  19. Carl Swanson

No mono release AFAIK, but I don't know everything.

I just don't think we need to leave earth to divine the influences on their music; they are sufficiently quotidian.

savemenow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.