Morrissey - 1988 to 1991 B-Sides - Poll!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Aar Gal, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aar Gal

Aar Gal Monkberry Moon Delight Thread Starter

Pick your 5 favourite B-sides Morrissey released between 88-91 (not including live versions of album tracks)

2. georgespigott

georgespigott You fill me with inertia.

Hmmm, a lot of these songs sound indistinguishable from each other when heard in a row. The best ones are the first two.

7solqs4iago likes this.
  3. robbroncs

robbroncs Forum Disgrace

ummmm The Loop should be voted the most people....what the heck?!!?

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  4. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...I love “The Loop”. Musically it’s like an homage to J. Cash. Love the lyrics as well.
    :cool::thumbsup:

robbroncs likes this.
  5. 7solqs4iago

7solqs4iago Forum Resident

I enjoyed the first solo album, it has enabled me to pick 5 with ease.

I haven't followed along much since then.... :(

6. jamiesjamies

jamiesjamies Forum Resident

I love all Morrissey's EMI output. Loved the music of course and the symmetry and presentation of the artwork. Hairdresser on Fire is by far my favourite here. Could have been an “A” side in my opinion.

7. andy obrien

andy obrien Forum Resident

Nice idea for a poll! I remember loving the B-sides of his first few solo releases, just as I'd loved the Smiths b-sides. Ive picked his cover of Cosmic Dancer because he just does SUCH a good job, he clearly loves the song. Best is I Know Very Well, though. Just lovely. Such a shame how he's turned out... (IMHO of course)

8. 7solqs4iago

edit: goodness, I didn't realize Bona Drag was a compilation, no wonder it had so many b-sides on this list.

9. nlgbbbblth

nlgbbbblth Senior Member

I Know
    Busy Sizzle
    Disappointed
    Marry
    Blind

10. Snoddywilko

Snoddywilko Forum Resident

I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty is the best b-side he ever released, in my opinion.

I also opted for Girl Least Likely To, At Amber, Get Off The Stage & The Loop.

SteveCooks likes this.
  11. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

It was seen as a bit of a rip off when it came out, especially as it included Suedehead and Everyday Is Like Sunday from his last and only solo album at that point and no new material. Nowadays outside of that context it plays like a proper album and one of his best.

7solqs4iago likes this.
  12. 7solqs4iago

thanks!

i was a huge Smiths fan and collected everything when it came out, the breakup happened my last year of undergrad and i stopped buying music for the first few years of work, then saw Bona Drag on CD and in retrospect it WAS too packed, like Louder Than Bombs.

13. ryno

ryno Forum Resident

Will Never Marry is a thing of beauty, such a shame it was butchered when it ended up on Bona Drag

Orson Swells likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.