Motley Crue rumored to tour in 2020

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael Rose, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

Couldn't even wait until the ink was dry on those non-existent contracts eh? Like they were going to sue themselves for breaking their contract and touring or what was it?

And anyone who thinks this Kiss farewell tour is the end with their 50th right around the corner is free to send me a PM because I have a limited offer on a bridge for sale...

craigobau, Sean and WithinYourReach like this.
  2. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

I don't think they're "liars". I'm guessing they believed it and were being honest at the time. People can change their minds.

That said as a fan, I'd rather see the fictitious band from "The Dirt' tour over Motley. I sure hope Vince gets his s**t together. For his well being as well as the band's.

WithinYourReach, Sean and Efus like this.
  3. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

I don't see how Mick can do it. I hope they have someone to back him up if he can't.

I like him, but to see him play in recent years looks painful.

4. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

Def Leppard will bring 75% of the fans and play the same boring 15 songs setlist then you're gonna have the train wreck Crüe playing to obvious backing tapes for the same old 12-13 songs and Poison open for 10x the money you would have paid to see those bands play in their prime 30-35 years ago.

I have no interest in this type of package tour these days, would you pay 10x the price you paid to see you favorite athletes play 20 years into their retirement in exhibition games?

5. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

TBH - it would have made more sense if they had done a joint tour with "reunited" The Black Crowes

hiterss likes this.
  6. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Def Leppard's boring same song set list for decades is running thin. Joe's face is like dropping lower and fatter and his voice has so much tracking and Pro Tools tuning it seems not real. There is no way Crue can tour with Vince in the shape he is in. Mick can still do it but in one place barely moving. I think Sixx and Lee are 100% ready to rumble. When Gene and Paul see the 150 million reasons Live Nation put up in football stadiums 3/4 full they'll do another round of farewell. Poison and Def Leppard come cheap as openers.

Count Orfloff likes this.
  7. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

8. Efus

Efus Senior Member

I'd go for free.

But music isnt athletics, and these guys arent going to try to blow one another off stage at this stage of their careers.

They're going to show up, do their sets and get paid. They may even talk to each other a bit, and maybe play a song or two together.
    As long as they can deliver the goods, and everybody has a good time, nobody is going to care about "the contract".
    Other than folks that hate the band and the integrity police, who nobody called anyway.

Its going to be alright. Its not mandatory that you go.
    But would you go for free?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  9. veon

veon Forum Resident

I am dead over here. So damn funny

Kiss73 likes this.
  10. ZEP77

ZEP77 Houston/Pontiac '77 Video. Where are you?

I've seen a few offers out there already... one for a Bridge of Sighs, a Bridge Over Troubled Water, and another for Bridges to Babylon.

Seemed 'legit.

ARK likes this.
  11. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Man Vince needs to lose some serious weight. And I’m saying that not even for touring purposes but for his health. He doesn’t look good.

Efus likes this.
  12. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

I think Def Leppard and Poison are there for padding things out. Vince did a free state fair concert a couple months ago and a few people I know went, every single one of them said the same thing, bloated, washed up, can't sing if his life depended on it, yadda yadda yadda. People want to pay hundreds for something that even for free was terrible?

I think there is going to be some sort of regimen kind of like how Axl Rose was forced to get into shape before the reunion tour

hiterss likes this.
  13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

"More popular than ever"??? :wtf:

14. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

I dunno, I saw GnR barely a month ago and Axl didn't look to be in great shape then.

15. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Well it's been three years since the reunion, he's probably laxed back into old habits. I saw them two years back and he'd lost a considerable amount of weight compared to the horrendous photos from the early 10s where he was as big as Vince is

Szeppelin75, Matthew Tate and ARK like this.
  16. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

“There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it,” Nikki Sixx said in 2014

“Legally, we can’t play again,” bassist Nikki Sixx claimed to Rolling Stone backstage at a 2014 show in Denver. “The only loophole is if all four band members agreed to do it, we could override our own contract. But we know that will never happen. There are people in this band who will refuse to ever do it again, and you’re talking to one of them. There is no amount of money that would ever make me do it again because I have such pride in how we’re ending it.”

“If anybody ever – and I don’t believe anybody ever would – would call any other band members and say, ‘Hey, it’s been 10 years, let’s just do 10 shows. A million a pop,’ it could never happen unless all four band members agreed,” Sixx added. “And if we did agree, the way we’ve set it up – including this conversation right now – we’d have so much egg on our face. We have so much pride that that alone would stop it.”

Stormrider77 likes this.
  17. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

That is the most bull**** thing I have ever seen in my life. It's like they planned it... Omg Omg they tore up the contract! Drama Drama Hype Hype . It's a joke.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Axl was never as big as Vince but he's also really never gotten into great shape.

Sean and FourWalledWorld like this.
  19. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Nah, just PR hype, this is all just BS.

Guy puts up a petition to get the band back together to play live.
    Few days ago the band declared it "interesting" and now we have an announced stadium tour with 2 other bands.

Its come together so quick, they either have the world's greatest dealmaker working for them, or one would think they'd planned this for awhile longer than it seems they're ready to admit to....:shh:

20. JeffHunt

JeffHunt Stray Cat Strutting

You couldn't pay me enough to go see this trainwreck.

WithinYourReach and Anonamemouse like this.
  21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Maybe a gut on Axl when I saw them 6 weeks ago, it's surprising how well he sung everything and has no problem in 150-200 minute shows. Axl takes vocal warm ups and warm downs very seriously.

Szeppelin75, Matthew Tate and ARK like this.
  22. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Let's be honest. Look at the very large audiences that still go see Bon Jovi and Jon cant sing a note. There are plenty folks out there who will still pay to see a substandard version of a great band.

And at least Vince puts a lot of energy into his performance. Nobody can deny him not putting in 100%. And there lies the problem. Hes too unfit to sing and move.

Szeppelin75 and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

i'm just surprised by the mention of STADIUMs ?!@:confused: ... even with 3 of them combined...STADIUMs ?!@:confused:
    they couldn't do stadium even in the 80's... God, we're living in some strange time :shrug:

24. Jmac1979

Jmac1979 Forum Resident

Jon takes care of himself though. The women still swoon over him and couldn't care less that he can't hit notes even five years ago he had no problem with

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  25. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I wish Motley at the very least made a legally binding contract to never ever, under any circumstances tour with Poison.

I don't know what would be worse, Vince's current state of singing or having to sit through a Poison set. At least Coldplay isn't touring with them, that would be the trifecta of music hell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.