MOV US retailers

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by markshan, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markshan

markshan Forum Resident Thread Starter

Does anyone know a reliable us retailer from whom one can pre-order Music On Vinyl releases? TIA.

2. markshan

Anyone?

3. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Amazon carry MOV releases

4. markshan

I've had low fulfillment rates from them in the past. They say they have everything then just cancel your order. Maybe that has improved though, I haven't tried them lately. Thanks for the thought.

5. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

DeepDiscount used to be good plus their prices were better. I don't think they mark them down as much now though/

6. markshan

I didn't even know they did pre-orders. I just thought they were a clearing house. Thanks for the tip!

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Not even remotely a clearing house at this point, despite the hokey name. They are the main retail site for Alliance Entertainment, one of the largest entertainment distributors on earth. They definitely do pre-orders, but sometimes their coupons will only work on in-stock stuff.

Also of note, Alliance also owns and runs importCDs and Pop Market (among others) so those sites all share the same warehouse stock. Sometimes worth jumping around the 3 sites to see who has the best deal, free shipping, current coupon codes, etc.

markshan likes this.
  8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I would look around on Discogs at available releases and find a retail shop that carries MOV at a good price. Maybe then you could pre-order through them.

markshan likes this.
  9. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Kind of regret not picking up certain MOV releases when I saw them in stores. Stone Temple Pilots, for one. These things (doesn't matter if it's color or black vinyl) go for way too much. Come on!

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Now that MoFi has come clean about mastering from digital, I guess MOV, who has always been fairly transparent about mastering everything from digital, doesn't look so bad.

11. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Right. Just put out the best sounding LPs you can produce, and have some candor.

12. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

Yeah, I feel like even though they are not viewed as an audiophile label, and even though they are totally clear about pressing from digital, their pressings are usually really nice and dead quiet, the covers are quite nice, and they really sound pretty darn good! Furthermore, sometimes they put out some sort of rarer stuff too that can be a little hard to access clean copies of, like Cuby + Blizzards, or the second Brainbox album, or some kind of cool blues records. Some of their colored vinyl pressings look pretty cool too and still sound good. Overall a better label than many!

markshan likes this.
  13. markshan

They never looked bad to me. They put out a lot of stuff that theirs was the only vinyl issue and I've never been unhappy with the sound quality. They chinse a little on the jackets, but the vinyl is always good in my experience.

zongo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.