Movies that never had a score or soundtrack release that you would like to see released

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Platterpus, Jul 8, 2021.

1. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I hate to say it because the film was so bad but Shanghai Surprise.

There is some George music in that film not released yet.

2. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

I don’t know why it hasn’t happened, but I have a set of mp3 rips someone made from the soundtrack LP, and uploaded online. As it’s not available for purchase today (there’s no authorized digital download, either), I took what I could find.

3. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

I have two copies of the original final version, and have made my own rips. But it’s still a mystery to me why this wonderful soundtrack ever got issued on CD.

4. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

King of the Gypsies (1978) - music by David Grisman!

5. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

Sorry: vinyl, not final. Though I guess both are correct.

6. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I think the one that stands out to me is August Osage County, which is a real mystery to me because if you were to look it up Gustavo Santaolalla has a score out there and he is credited for a score on IMDB. But it's not the score I heard in the movie, I've tried to google this a few times but with no results and there is one piece of music in that film that I really liked which isn't in the "score".

7. JediJones

JediJones Forum Resident

8. Guillaume P

Guillaume P Forum Resident

The film will finally be available in a few months in Blu Ray and it is very likely that one of the releases (the American or the English) will offer the CD of the legendary soundtrack composed and performed by Colin Towns:

Platterpus likes this.
  9. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

I've always thought Pixar's Up should have had an official soundtrack release on CD.

10. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

11. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  12. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

MichaelH likes this.
  13. Laineycrusoe

Laineycrusoe Forum Resident

The Intrada CD uses the film mix of the song, albeit in unedited form (i.e. it includes the extra verse that was cut from the film but appeared on Gone Troppo). It also includes the synth opening to the song like you hear in the film, but really that's part of the background score that was designed to run straight into the song and not originally part of the song itself.

boggs likes this.
  14. MichaelH

MichaelH Forum Resident

15. Guillaume P

Guillaume P Forum Resident

After years of waiting, the CD of the famous music of Colin Towns will be released in April, as well as Blu Ray of the film, in Australia, America and England!:

The Haunting of Julia (1977) - Imprint Collection #218 | Via Vision Entertainment