Movies that you would change the ending

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Timeless Classics, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member Thread Starter

Wow! Never heard of a breakup over the ending of Thelma & Louise. You win for best post! Sounds like a Seinfeld episode when Jerry couldn't go out with the girl who liked the dockers pants commercial? "Can I go out with someone who actually likes this commercial?" Cotton Dockers! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Dudley Morris and GLENN like this.
  2. music4life

music4life Senior Member

Scrooged- I love the entire film up until the end when they all start singing. At that point I turn it off. And why did they choose "Put a Little Love in Your Heart"? Its not even a Christmas song.

fr in sc and Timeless Classics like this.
  3. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member Thread Starter

That movie could've been so much better than it was - They missed a great opportunity with Billy Murray on that one!

4. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Kinda feel that way about "Groundhog Day"...it would have be 110% better with almost any other age-appropriate actress
    cast in the Andie MacDowell part.

The Panda and Timeless Classics like this.
  5. GLENN

GLENN Forum Resident

I disliked the ending of the Coen Brothers take on True Grit. I know it is straight from the book but I found it unrelentingly sad.

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Agree - even in 1988 when Murray was still on a roll, that one was a major disappointment.

I think he was just wrong for Scrooge - the role doesn't suit his comedic personality...

fr in sc likes this.
  7. Oatsdad

Not sure what a more satisfying "happy ending" would've been for that film. There was really no way for it to end "happily"...

Lightworker likes this.
  8. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

"The Magnificent Ambersons". It should end with a visit to Fanny in the boarding house. Heh.

funhouse and stepeanut like this.
  9. Lightworker

Loved the ending. Made the rest of the movie seem like less of a waste of time.

10. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Took the words out of my mouth.
    Then don't ever see 4 Weddings and a Funeral. She almost single-handedly sinks the whole film.

Lightworker likes this.
  11. Lightworker

Too late...too late. :(

12. Oatsdad

I agree that MacDowell is a weakness in "4 Weddings" but I think she's very good in "Groundhog".

She's also solid in "sex, lies and videotape"...

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  13. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I thought Rogue One worked and was segued well into A New Hope. No happy ending.

Pete Puma likes this.
  14. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

The ending was that they faxed the death star plans and everyone dies. If I want depression I’ll look at my bank account, I don’t have to pay money to be depressed.

She said “many” had died not all.

15. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I agree about sex, lies, and videotape. It was the first movie I purchased on laserdisc just because it looked interesting (never heard of it before), and I thought it was a very good movie and McDowell was right in her role. In fact, I think all of the main actors did a very good job.

rogertheshrubber likes this.
  16. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

[nerd] The reference to the many spies who died is in Return of the Jedi, not Star Wars. [/nerd]

17. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

The problem with eliminating Jar Jar Binks is that it would require the entire series to be redone due to the significant parts he played in the story. His clumsiness resulted in significant losses to the battle droids in Episode I, he brought up a vote to give Palpatine emergency powers in Episode II (checked Wikipedia to confirm the specifics), where another character in that position likely would not have (at least not the way it happened).

For better or worse, Jar Jar is part of the tapestry that is Star Wars. The danger with eliminating him is that the story that results might be worse than what we've got. To use a comic book example, to paraphrase the Superman of Earth-Two comments that the new DC Universe that resulted from Crisis On Infinite Earths had so much promise but that soon there was something fundamental wrong with this new universes and it was worse than what existed before.

18. Funky54

I’m pretty sure there is a reference in the originally released versions of New Hope before Lucas’ crackers weren’t wrapped. Could be wrong but “my” version of the “REAL” Star Wars New Hope has had many bad changes since. Han shot first.. and it was cool.

19. Funky54

I reject and do not admit to the three prequels.. so in my world before goofy clowns and down syndrome floppy eared salamanders... Jar Jar could be eliminated.

20. Squealy

No, there isn't.

You are far from the only person to mix the scenes up, don't worry.

21. Funky54

I recently got a copy of a fan edit of New Hope. It’s the closet I’ve seen to what I grew up with. A lot of the footage was from old reels, bata. I’m gonna watch it again. When I was 15 the Jedi quiz book came out and I was so nerd I went through it like child’s play... now I don’t remember what At-At stands for. All terrain something.

22. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Every movie should end with Captain Willard calling in an airstrike.
    end of Jaws - Boom
    end of Larry Crown - Boom
    end of 8 1/2 - Boom
    end of Seventh Seal - double boom!
    end of Casablanca - "this could be the beginning of..." Boom!
    end of Singing in the Rain - Boom

Not Bridge on the River Kwai though. That would be redundant

23. Funky54

Ah.... it’s in the 77 release. It’s in the opening scroll words about the first Death Star. These are not bothans. The second Death Star that is not the next in cannon after rogue 1 is were the “many bothans died” line comes from... either way they didn’t have to kill hero’s.
    [​IMG]y

24. Squealy

Yes, it was "Bothans" not spies in Return of the Jedi, I was just paraphrasing ... but it was the "many" you had an issue with and that does not come from the original movie (and why am I wasting time talking about this.)

Leia gets all the credit in Star Wars for getting the plans and she was only involved at the end!

Funky54 likes this.
  25. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Kill Bill II. After all the revenge and badass-ness of the Bride, it all comes down to your standard family drama - really??? Why?

905 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.