Musician alignment chart

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Conestoga Rankin, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Conestoga Rankin

Conestoga Rankin A man, no worse than any man Thread Starter

I thought this would be a fun thing to do. If you're not familiar with alignment charts, there are lots of examples on Google Images.
    Here's mine
    [​IMG]

Most of these are well-known, the two who are more obscure are
    True Neutral: YouTube comedian/parody artist Rucka Rucka Ali
    Chaotic Neutral: Virginia country singer Meade Skelton, who I learned about from the Distorted View podcast. I highly recommend Distorted View for anyone who likes funny podcasts.

2. Conestoga Rankin

This got no replies, so bump

3. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

I might be wrong but don’t think there are many Dungeons and Dragons fans here. Quite hard to see the value of the activity as applied to music appreciation discussion. But good luck.

Conestoga Rankin likes this.
  4. Conestoga Rankin

I know very little of Dungeons and Dragons, but I like the alignment charts.

5. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Me neither but it looks like a technique used in role-playing game character profiling . It feels like it would apply more to discussion of music celebrity personalities than music, which why i suggest that here might not be the best place for it. I could be wrong.

Edit. Also I’m not sure that I’ve seen one of those stars that you chose in your chart ever being discussed here.

Conestoga Rankin likes this.
  6. Conestoga Rankin

I would probably swap Bolton and Perry, now that I think about it.

Bolton and Perry both have a very legit/strong vocal technique, and sing songs that usually are fairly pro-social/lyrically typical. Perry's dealings with Journey do seem to be a little disorderly, hence, he's neutral good whereas Bolton is lawful good.

Staley was a great singer, but his well-documented issues with drugs and depression, combined with the often depressing/nihilistic lyrics he sang makes him chaotic good.

Adele is a very by-the-numbers artist, hence lawful neutral.

Ali has hilarious, but his content relies heavily on tropes many would be offended by, hence true neutral.

Skelton behaves in chaotic ways (this is discussed a lot on the Distorted View podcast), but isn't malicious, hence chaotic neutral.

Rebecca Black's Friday was a very paint-by-numbers song (hence lawful), but also widely viewed as obnoxious (hence evil).

LaMar isn't a very nice man, according to people I know who know people who have met him, but he doesn't really seem chaotic, hence neutral evil.

XXXTentacion was a domestic abuser whose music was quite repetitive, not very well liked by professional musicians or critics, hence chaotic evil.