My first Discog (or where did THAT go?)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by TonyCzar, Dec 22, 2022.

1. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident Thread Starter

So, in an effort to purge/cleanse/sell/dump the vinyl beast, I've created a Discogs account. Here's the thing about doing a top-down. You find you've lost things. You find you FIND things. How does a four disc BBC Sessions set just get up and walk away? Even Amazon says I have it. And just in time, a Dieter Hoffman book which was lost but now is found is about to help me with label and packaging variations on Stones' releases which I used to know in my sleep but make no sense to me now. (I had forgotten that there was a real true LL series mono of "England's Newest Hitmakers", wine red label and all. A quick check on the current "In Mono" box unboxing videos shows it to have just *poof* disappeared. Harder to find than my BBC Siouxsie box. ("Not Fade Away" a stray cat? Yup. A fold-down? [clutches pearls] ) One learns things. My copies of "Thriller" and the first two Ramones albums are OG, so I wish all three were in much better shape than they are. Oh, well.

Although I have barely cracked 100 collection entries (111 of an estimated 400+ total). the relentless money ticker at Discogs insists I know the following sales tally of my entered titles:

Collection Value:* Min $765.29 Med $1,823.46 Max $4,266.22

I know better than to even look at the third number, but I'd be more than happy to get Minimum at this point. (If I find someone to take it all on, I would hope they do even better. (You say want that radio-friendly "Street Hassle" promo, kiddies? Then pay. PAY.... four dollars and two cents..... MWHAHAHAHA)