My Sony NW-A45 DAP has an issue of listing an artist twice with albums in each listing

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ccbarr, May 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't know if I can explain the situation very well, but for instance, in my artist list, there are two listings for The Clash. They are spelled the same. The first listing has 5 albums, the second has 4 I think. They are the full albums. The odd thing is disc 2 of Sandinista is in the first Clash selection, and disc 1 is in the second selection

I have checked the tags multiple times, the band name, album, year, and everything matches. So I should just have one listing for The Clash, but for some reason I have 2. I know this hasn't been explained well by me but has anyone ever encountered this situation with their DAP? Thanks in advance.

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Retag them. Use the copy command from one set to the other. I'll bet you're wrong about the spelling. This reminds me of the old days in programming. You would get syntax errors because there was an extra space. Honestly just use the program MP3Tag to avoid these problems.

3. brucej4

brucej4 Forum Resident

Check both the Artist and Album Artist tags. In this case, you want them to all be the same.

Curiosity and pscreed like this.
  4. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Also make sure the capitalization is the same all around. “The Clash” will be grouped differently than “the Clash” or “the clash” etc… same for album titles.

brucej4 and Curiosity like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.