Name A TV Show That You Just Cannot Get Into In Any Way Whatsoever

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Oct 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

You know the type of show I'm talking about here.
    That one show ( or more ) that your wife likes or your friend raves about or the people at work talk about constantly.
    And you watched it. Maybe even watched it several but , despite your best efforts , just cannot see the attraction.

This is an obvious pick for me. Even though are many to choose from , ' The Young and The Restless ' takes the prize .
    My wife watches this totally lame show religiously. I realize it's a soap opera and all that entails but , sweet baby Jesus , what a moronic program !
    When we first started dating way back in the early 80s she tried to get me ' into ' it. And I tried. But there's a limit to everything.
    What a stupid show. Same regurgitated plot lines , same camera angles , same music and even some of the same actors from long ago .
    Don't get it. Never will.

2. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

My Mother the Car

Macman, Mt.Elga, majorlance and 4 others like this.
  3. bem

bem Forum Resident

For me it's Parks and Rec.

4. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Two of them come to mind...

The Office

Superstore

I have watched a couple of episodes of each and neither are funny to me in any way. They are just a waste of 30 minutes.

RickH, jlocke08, Shoes1916 and 6 others like this.
  5. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Everybody Loves Raymond

6. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

I've been told by various people that as a computer geek I must love The Big Bang Theory. I've tried to watch a couple of episodes, and it was just terrible and totally unfunny.

It had the structure of humor without actually being humorous, like it had been written in one language, translated into another, then translated back into the first losing any connection to the jokes.

And the characters who were supposed to be geeks and nerds were not actually geeks or nerds, but geeks and nerds as seen by the cool kids.

That dreadfully unfunny movie Napoleon Dynamite was exactly the same way - supposedly "outsider" characters as seen by the insiders.

RickH, Tanx, spanky1 and 23 others like this.
  7. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

Breaking bad....

8. user119861

user119861 Forum Resident

How I Met Your Mother.

RickH, Miller92473, Shoes1916 and 9 others like this.
  9. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

West Wing. It just gave me a headache. Maybe I'll try again some day.

10. GeetarFreek

GeetarFreek Forum Resident

11. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

much of the humor in The Office is awkward because Michael is such a jerk, I suppose that's not for some people

12. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. I have tried but ultimately always lose interest and stop watching.

13. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Dexter
    Santa Clarita Diet

Both shows should be up my alley but I can’t take them.

14. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I felt the same way about Big Bang Theory. Gave it a second chance the last year it was on and now it's one of my favorite shows. The one show I can't get into that I don't think I ever will is Two Broke Girls - awful laugh track, awful actors, and annoying one dimensional characters. One dimensional characters is also my problem with Last Man Standing. I think I hate every single character in it. I especially hate how annoyingly dumb that Kyle character is and when Tim Allen goes off on one of his many political rants. Yet, I still watch it.

15. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Lovecraft Country

16. Hogan's Heros. I wish the Nazis were that stupid and incompetent, the war would have been over a lot sooner.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2020
  17. aceman400

aceman400 Power to the Metal

Two and a Half Men and Two Broke Girls.
    Lowest common denominator TV.

905, Miller92473, RTurner and 4 others like this.
  18. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

I know what you mean. This is a one-note show -- the brother is a goof , the mother doesn't get along with the wife etc.

19. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

How I Met Your Mother (it’s like going to a party where you don’t know anyone, but all the other guests know each other well and have all kinds of inside jokes you don’t understand).

Parks and Recreation (Amy Poehler is not funny, but has the smug delivery of someone who thinks she’s very funny).

20. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Sadly, even with the plethora of choices, there doesn't seem to be any scripted show I CAN get into. It just seems like the same old thing over and over again. I am definitely becoming an old man yelling at clouds. Has the new season of NCIS started yet??? :magoo:

21. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I doubt anyone is talking about them any more, but on my limited exposure to them both Seinfeld and Friends seemed filled with smug, unlikable, unfunny characters living in palatial apartments in a fantasy NYC.

22. Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke There you go man, keep as cool as you can

Can't stand Big Bang either. Ugh.
    On the other hand, loved Napoleon Dynamite.

23. lc317

lc317 Forum Resident

Unfortunately it's one of the most critically acclaimed and highly popular American shows of the last 25 years.

I bought the DVDs years ago based on this, and try as I may, I just so far have not been able to get into it.

The Wire

groundharp and Rufus McDufus like this.
  24. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

Whaddya know? A TV hate thread!

I’ll take the bait though.
    Big Bang Theory. Tried watching a few episodes. Not once did I laugh. Nobody talks like that.

905, rocnred, Fastnbulbous and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.