Nancy Sinatra Reissue Campaign via Light In The Attic [Coming 2021]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FJFP, Oct 8, 2020.

1. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I only download the files because I put a lot of music on my phone for listening while at the gym, and it's easier just to use Amazon's mp3s than it is for me to rip my own discs.

ILovethebassclarinet likes this.
  2. ILovethebassclarinet

ILovethebassclarinet Forum Resident

I've diligently and successfully avoided such phones to date; while I'm not a Luddite, 'options that are clearly inferior to me' don't have much appeal, and, as well, I have a much easier time using the landline phone (on the pretty rare occasions that I do use a phone) because I "can actually hear what's being said on the other end," instead of just hearing a lot of indecipherable sibilance.
    I do have damaged hearing (as well as hearing aids), but the place where it's the most pronounced is on phones, most particularly cell and wireless ones; when I'm on one, I often have the impulse to just throw it, out of frustration at asking people to repeat over and over what they have just said; on the landline, I don't have that problem.

hardknox and lou a like this.
  3. ILovethebassclarinet

'Customer service? We no longer have such services since we transitioned to 'bots.'
    If our 'bot can't answer it, we have no answers for you.'

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

You've written to an e-mail address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

If you wish to report a suspected spoofed e-mail or phishing attempt, please visit: Amazon.com Help: Identifying Whether an Email, Phone Call, Text Message, or Webpage is from Amazon

If you wish to change your e-mail subscription preferences, please visit:
    Amazon.com Help: Change Your Subscription Email Preferences

If you have privacy concerns, you can view our Privacy Policy here:
    Amazon.com Help: Amazon.com Privacy Notice

If you need to contact Amazon Customer Service, please visit our Help pages at the address below and click the "Contact Us" button:
    Amazon.com Help: Help & Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail, as we are not able to respond personally to messages sent to this address. We appreciate your business
    and look forward to seeing you again soon at Amazon.com."

It's VERY clear that "they appreciate my business SO much!'

Swann36 likes this.
  4. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Not to be that guy, but...

You COULD have ordered it directly from LITA but you would have paid more. Amazon is not always reliable when it comes to pre-orders and they have NEVER been the model of exceptional customer service! Sometimes you have got to suck it up and pay the premium -- otherwise, as they say "you get what you pay for" (in this case NOTHING)!

(Oh, and FYI: I use Amazon pretty regularly so I don't really have many complaints about them.)

5. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Yep. We COULD have been clairvoyant and known that Amazon would not deliver. I guess that (as a longtime Amazon customer like you) we should have known Amazon would not meet its advertised pre-order price before the product was sold out everywhere else. I commend anyone who was smart enough to know they would be better off paying more than double at another store. Please forgive my obvious stupidity.

Dubmart, lou a, Uncle Miles and 2 others like this.
  6. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I am sorry you ready my tone so negatively -- it wasn't meant that way. I just know when I want something badly enough, I'm willing to pay a little bit more to ensure I get it.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you... As a Nancy fan, I know I'd be annoyed!

7. ILovethebassclarinet

I get that release dates "might not be up to Amazon," but that's clearly NOT the issue here, as it was released months ago at this point; it's also the first time, over a number of years, that I was dis-satisfied enough over ANY issue with Amazon to bring it up in a public forum like this to see if OTHER people are also having the problem too, as, quite clearly, it looks as if they are. If "the demand unexpectedly exceeded the supply," then I'd MUCH rather be told that than for the vendor, ANY vendor, to 'run and hide from the issue.'

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  8. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

My order cancelled today.

9. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Well, not good when you pre order something, you think it’s yours and then it isn’t. I have preordered a One Step album from, of all places, Target. It isn’t available for preorder anywhere else now, all sold out. Like what ended up happening to you, I seriously doubt Target will get any to ship. They are adding a $10 premium, so it’s worth their effort to get some but it’s hard to believe MFSL will ship them any. Sometimes we have to roll the dice. At least you tried.

I would be surprised if Nancy doesn’t do another run. Seems it sold very well.

10. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I think there just has been a major fail here in producing enough product. Few dealers even had it. Managed to obtain the LP but had a faulty copy. They would only refund and not exchange and there was some push back when I reported the issue which means I won't be buying from them again. Sent a 'standard' reply suggesting putting a coin on my arm, LOL. Hopefully there will be a second run when pressing plants free up. With these issues it beggars belief they prioritise numerous coloured vinyl versions of recent releases for RSD. I cancelled an Amazon order twice because unconvinced they will ever be stocking this record. BTW unlike other people I actually thought this sounded rather digital (vinyl version).

11. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I think if you really think about it, and you look at it from her managements perspective, I bet this sold way beyond what they, and a lot of us perhaps, expected. I like her a lot, but I’m not sure that many people buying music these days is that aware of her, or that she has put these out. Would be interesting to find out how many vinyl copies were made. It’s certainly possible only a very small number of maybe 2500 were even made. For those that missed out, there are reasonably priced copies on ebay, but I still think Nancy will do another run. Why not?

RSteven and ILovethebassclarinet like this.
  12. ILovethebassclarinet

While I'd concur on the "why not?" I've learned the hard way that 'I may not be privy to the reasons why not;' business decisions that make no sense to "me the consumer" are old hat.

Jrr likes this.
  13. ILovethebassclarinet

I hope that that 'privilege' didn't cost you anything... Best of luck at finding the version you're interested in.

14. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

I originally ordered this from Amazon way back in November , deluxe CD and color Vinyl . Both orders eventually cancelled. I got the deluxe CD from Banquet UK a few weeks back , and they sent me an email today that they are expecting further shipment of the color LP. But Amazon.....

Bob F and RSteven like this.
  15. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

No , no cost at all . And I was able to get a CD with hardcover from Banquet UK.
    I actually gained something from this experience: don’t depend on Amazon!

ILovethebassclarinet and Bob F like this.
  16. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

As several people stated , don’t depend on Amazon. If you really want something , order from the label itself.

Bob F and RSteven like this.
  17. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Yeah, Amazon are good at the "Whoomf there it is" delivery, but can get unstuck on the "maybe we got it, maybe we don't"

18. ILovethebassclarinet

I might suspect that it could actually be 'don't depend on getting an item from Amazon when it could be really popular.' If it's a Freddie Keppard CD you're ordering, odds are there won't be the same kind of demand when you're ordering.
    Again, this is almost unique for me, it's only ever happened before with Randy Weston's CTI Blue Moses, which I think may not have actually been released at that time, or had some other weirdness; I've never seen one and it's 3x the cost it should be these days.

19. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

From my perspective the moral of the story is that items that are known to be "limited releases" frequently sell out immediately. Amazon and other large etailers (assuming they even list the title on their sites) take more orders than they can fulfill, and they are very slow to admit that they cannot fulfill customer orders. If one really has to have something of this nature, it's best to buy it in person on day of release (assuming one has a good shop near them) or from a specialty etailer that charges list price. Ordering at a discount from Amazon or Target might lead one to simply not getting the item at all after many order delays.

I am sure I am in the minority here, but at this point in my life I have so much music that I don't really care if something slips through my hands.

20. ILovethebassclarinet

"One piece" that I don't get is this: who in the supply chain benefits from refusing to met consumer demand?

21. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

I pre-ordered the CD with book from Amazon as soon as the listing went up. I don't think they got or delivered a single copy of it. The regular digipak seems to have been available from them briefly, but I could be wrong about that. Other domestic US places, like Import Cd and Bull Moose, had the regular digipak in stock for a while, but their listings went to, and remain at, back order status. So it seems that not enough were produced and/or distributed? Amazon messed around too long on the orders for sure, but I have to think that if they could have gotten the discs in stock they would have. Maybe LITA will produce more? Who knows.

RSteven likes this.
  22. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I understand not making more of a product than one thinks one can sell. It sounds like in this case, LITA significantly underestimated demand. That being said, one would think that at least the standard cd edition wouldn't have sold out so quickly and, once it did, they would have manufactured a second run to meet demand.

23. Judging by the comments here, this release turned into a real **** show. If it had been different 45 single versions or early singles, I might have stuck my toe in the water. Having all the Rhino and Sundazed cds, as well as assorted others, I really didn’t see the need in re-buying what I already had.

lou a and lv70smusic like this.
  24. ILovethebassclarinet

On that front, I'd guess that if that is the case, then the 'discovery' of that is just being recognized by those 'from which it originates.' Maybe this is common; IDK, as it's a rare "popular" item for me.

25. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

LITA is a VERY small company. I’d bet they pressed very few copies of each version thinking the demand would be fairly low with sales spread out over a longer period. But , the only conclusion you can draw is that not nearly as many copies were produced as needed to meet demand.
    Have said that , it’s a mystery as to why second pressing weren’t done quickly for all versions.

sharedon likes this.