Neil Young – Archives Volume II: 1972–1976 (20th Nov 2020)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Smurr1958, Jun 22, 2020.

1. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Someone on a Neil Young Facebook fan page commented and said their card was compromised. I know Warner had a massive breach recently from their online store, as did the Flaming Lips Store (also a Warner act) - I’m assuming the Greedy Hand Store was part of it too. To make matters worse, People were only notified a month after the fact.

A quick google found this
    Lawsuit Filed Against Warner Music Group Over Data Breach

And do you not think it’s unfair to make people pay extra import tax when a release like this should get regular distribution in major markets?
    And governments don’t set the exorbitant shipping rates we are forced to pay.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    fretbuzzed and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. Simon

Simon Forum Resident

2. Monday Morning #
    Is this song another title for Last Dance (Wake up, it's a Monday morning)?

ARK, tug_of_war and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. ralphie

ralphie Forum Resident

I've seen nothing to suggest that this will only be available from Neil's website. It seems the big deluxe box will only be available there, but I can't imagine Warner Bros. not insisting the standard version gets released anywhere and everywhere. Last I checked, major labels aren't in the habit of intentionally limiting their revenue stream, which this would certainly do. I imagine all will be revealed whenever the official press release comes out.

4. rodrigosanche55

rodrigosanche55 Forum Resident

if it's only on cd, what else is in the deluxe box? just the book?

So King Crimson is able to put out big boxes with plenty of blurays and Neil only can afford some cds? Warner has less money than DGM?? wtf???

Chrome_Head, aroney and jumpinjulian like this.
  5. Steel Woole

Steel Woole Senior Member

Neil wants you to go to his website for high resolution audio.

LSP2003, Efus, Myke and 1 other person like this.
  6. tequeyoyo3000

tequeyoyo3000 Forum Resident

We don't know. Could be.

ARK and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Sounds good.

I bought the vinyl for Homegrown and Roxy.
    (I did buy the cd for Tuscaloosa, because I figured the recording would be rougher, and I was right)

So 9 of the 10 cds I don't have, and I'd like the option of portability for the car and to take on the road (not much for phone music)
    So I will spend my money to buy this.
    Though Im not sure about the big box, unless Neil plans on putting an unknown musical extra in there.
    Then I'd probably be a pre-order.

If Neil offers the disks for individual sale, would you pass on the stuff you dont have as well?
    Btw, the book for Vol. One is pretty great. Id reckon the one for Vol. Two will be just as good. Pass on that too if its ala carte?

JoeRockhead likes this.
  8. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Yes

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

You could sell the 3 discs bought, and then still buy the box...offset the costs a little bit.

ARK, tug_of_war and Efus like this.
  10. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I have a son that will appreciate Homegrown, TTNL and Tuscaloosa. In total, this is an essential period of Neil's career. I can't imagine not having this boxset.

11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

me neither, the best period of young's career, for sure.

Biscuit1970 likes this.
  12. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

wait, we have a price on the set now? how did i miss that? what's the price? do you have a link to order?

tug_of_war likes this.
  13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

he is NOT going to offer the discs for individual sale, trust me.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I would, since CD is the only format.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

he should offer a full refund for every duplicate CD in archives two, or simply offer 2 versions, one of all 10 CD's and one with the 7 CD's that no one has.

after all those years and all the hype and all the anticipation surrounding 'homegrown' i find it to be a total slap in the face, coupled with a big **** you, to his fans who bought this album less than a year ago at full price and then to include in here.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

meh. i bought all those on vinyl. now i'll have them on cd. cool.

dockofthebay, Graham and Biscuit1970 like this.
  17. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

He offered the individual CDs, DVDs and the book on his site for Vol. 1. For about 2 seconds. They were gone before most people knew they were there. They were pretty pricey too, from what I remember.

18. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Exactly. They seem to be able to pack a box full of CD's AND Blu-rays for a nice price and, I imagine, make some sort of profit, right?

Barebones Blu's with the tracks in hi-rez would more than satisfy...

It's the audio quality that matters most (I don't need "drawers", timelines etc).

If CD's are all that's made available I'll just stream instead...

19. dockofthebay

dockofthebay Forum Resident

I wonder if they will offer a "bundle" including 1 years' access to NYA? Would be a good way to add a few more subscribers (assuming you don't have to be one already to buy through NYA...)

20. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Already seeing those being dumped on E-bay...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Track list looks interesting, I am definitely intrigued.

For Volume 1, I just downloaded the few unreleased tracks I wanted on Amazon or something. I doubt I'll have that option now due to NYA.

I also eventually saw Vol 1 at my used record store, but passed on it.

Matthew Tate and tug_of_war like this.
  22. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

When I was a kid I bought The Beatles Hey Jude LP when it was released in 1970. It never occurred to me that they should give me a refund because I already had Can't Buy Me Love and Should Have Known Better on the United Artists Hard Days Night soundtrack. Hey, those guys owe me money! :realmad:

23. tgdon'tmind

tgdon'tmind Lord, Here Comes The Flood

Archive 2 is following the same basic format as Volume 1 in terms of having to repurchase prior releases, so don't expect Neil to offer some 7 CD set. That ain't gonna happen. BTW, it was well known at the time that Tuscaloosa and Homegrown came out that they would also be part of this box. It's not my preferred method of how these should be put together, but it's the way it's gonna be.

ARK, Matthew Tate, mraulino and 2 others like this.
  24. m_y_t_h

m_y_t_h Forum Resident

I bought Roxy and Tuscaloosa because I never expected that Volume 2 would see the light of day. ;) I have Homegrown on vinyl only, thus lessening the blow of getting a CD copy.

I'm taking the glass half full approach and just appreciating that Volume 2 is coming and the tracklisting looks fantastic.

25. YHF

YHF Forum Resident

He's going to offer every disc for individual sale except Time Fades Away.

Trust me.

Sigma6, ARK, Matthew Tate and 2 others like this.