Neil Young at Toronto Int. Film Fest

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jymn, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymn

Jymn Formerly skysaxon Thread Starter

The local cable station has been playing the press conference at the Toronto International Film Festival for the "Greendale" film. Neil Young does not come across in person nearly as bitter or crotchety as he sometimes does in the press.

He answered all questions with candor and humor, whether they be about politics, film, his career, or his music.

He said that rap is "absolutely" the folk music of today. Rappers are saying many of the same things that Bob Dylan did in 63.

He said that "The business of music has moved on," when questioned about his thoughts on how his music fits in with the culture of today. But he said there are other avenues for him to get his art out, including film. He called the popular music of today "fashion music."

His answers to political questions were especially blunt, quotable and funny.

All-in-all, one of the more entertaining conferences in this sometimes too self-serious world of film director/actor/producers.

The above is paraphrasing and not exact quotes (except the"business of music" quote).

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

3. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Oh dear. I adore Neil, but this is hogwash.

4. Jymn

Jymn Formerly skysaxon Thread Starter

Re: Re: Neil Young at Toronto Int. Film Fest

I don't know about hogwash - Neil has a mind of his own and it's just an opinion he's espousing. I find his points of view fascinating.

BTW, here's a link to an article about his press conference with better quotes than I had:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1062893138930_32///?hub=Entertainment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.