Neil Young On the Tele!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by David P. Hill, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident Thread Starter

Neil Young is on Conan tonight. Check it out. He will probably sing a song off "Greendale". Bummer :shake: :shake: :shake:

2. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

THANKS! Just queued it up in my 721 PVR.

3. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I think if you're expecting Neil to do "Southern Man" or "Heart of Gold" you may not understand the man at all. GREENDALE is a complex, mature and thought-provoking work...it requires multiple listens (and viewings if you have the new DVD) to take it all in and understand the point. He's doing it all over the plant to sold-old venues.

4. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well Neil Young did not have Crazy Horse with him. He just came out talk to Conan. He had on a brown funny hat. Neil was kind of nervous about being on TV. I saw a different side of him. He was getting into Conan and his jokes. Neil grinning and laughing, played along with him. He talked about Greendale along with a clip, "his chickens", him shooting the movie "Greendale" incident by Golden Gate Bridge, and Neil answering the Conan question about his writing "Cinnamon Girl, Down By the River, and Cowgirl in the Sand when he was sick a fever. No music, bummer.

5. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

I was disappointed that he didn't play anything, but I can't see how it would have been a "bummer" had he done something from Greendale. That album is fantastic!

6. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I just saw it. Too bad he did not have more time, it was kinda fun to watch. Loved the hat!

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I wasn't even going to buy the Greendale dvd-audio until I heard the music clip on Conan. Bought it yesterday and like it quite a bit, my favorites being the last 2 songs on it (and usually the good songs are at the beginning of an album). Apparently the CD version comes with a DVD so i don't know why the DVD-audio version is missing that dvd material (although I'm still not going to buy the CD).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.