Neil Young records new album with Crazy Horse-"Americana" due June 5*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Les Nougat, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

But then, he hasn't shelved a new album since...uh, the last Crazy Horse album....

2. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

Yeah. Let's not put the cart before the Horse. (Can't stop daydreaming about a Summer 2012 tour.)

3. BNell

BNell Forum Resident

I'm sure it'll be released in ........ July

4. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

dont worry, he can make a dull able with Crazy Horse - see Broken Arrow

5. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

Guess we can forget about Archives 2 for 2012

6. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

How about a dvd release of "Weld" as well?

7. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

- - - - - -> MUST BE RELEASED ASAP!!

8. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

That comment about Greendale II may not be far off the mark. Americana songs > IMHO that's what Greendale and Living With War were. This album could be about how Neil views the US since then > Wall Street, the Tea Party, the Occupy movement, the mortgage meltdown, the banking crisis, unemployment, etc.

9. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Turn it up to 11 Neil!!

10. dino77

dino77 Forum Resident

Great news except for two words, "youth choir" ;)

11. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

Great news for everyone except Stephen Stills, Richie Furay and all the Buffalo Springfield fans in the world.

12. barking spider

barking spider Forum Resident

that's alright with me.

but a new album with the mighty Horse excites me as well. :goodie:

13. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

I'm not understanding all of the negativity throughout this thread regarding Neil's recent output. Is everyone expecting him to simply redo his classics every time out? Le Noise and Chrome Dreams 2 were spectacular records. To me, they are just as good as anything that he has done.

I'd take another Le Noise any day. But Crazy Horse would be interesting to hear again, too.

14. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I want another "Fork in the Road".

15. Efus

Efus Senior Member

I've got to put myself in this camp as well.
    While raggedly inconsistent, there are interesting moments and excellent songs on all the albums, even "Prairie Wind" w/ "When God Made Me".

One of my guilty pleasures is the "Living With War" album, toss out the agi-novelty single, "Lets Impeach The President" and I think its an excellent cycle of songs.
    Though for the life of me I can't figure out why Neil didn't put ONE FREAKIN' GUITAR SOLO ON IT!

Sometimes its not easy being a Neil Young fan, but a return to the Horse has my hopes up, that a barn burner, guitar workout like "Ragged Glory" could be on the horizon, and a welcome addition to the collection!

16. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Saddle up the palomino!

17. Les Nougat

Les Nougat Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just hope Neil doesn't do a Neil and not release it. It'd be great if Lanois is involved - I've always thought Sleeps With Angels had very Lanoisesque production and it would be great to get another album like that.

18. Stateless

Stateless New Member

I love Broken Arrow. I think it's just as good as Ragged Glory. "Loose Change", "Slip Away" & "Big Time" are great Crazy Horse songs IMO.

I hope Neil has one more good CH album left in him. I'm glad he bailed on the BS reunion. It was nice enough for the Bridge School, but they probably should have left it at that. Bruce Palmer & Dewey Martin are dead. It's not the same without them...and it's not 1968 either.

19. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

+1
    It's one of my favourite NY+CH albums, especially the tracks you've mentioned. I love those thongs because of their long solos at the end - they always put me in a trance.

20. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Broken Arrow fan here too.
    Another one of those album s where I wish i had not listened to the critics and bought it sooner. With Neil I have learnt my lesson just buy and make my own mind up, when they come out.

21. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

"Big Time" is a great track. Saw CSNY do it live. Ragged was a better album and tour though. The Greendale tour was pretty good IMO. But the best tour of all was Live Rust.

Glad to see Neil is back on the Horse. Much of his very best stuff has come from that pairing.

22. Mike McMann

Mike McMann Forum Resident

Great news, I wonder if Poncho is returning?

23. Les Nougat

Les Nougat Forum Resident Thread Starter

I agree about Broken Arrow - a much underrated album full of great solos and it rocks like Crazy Horse have not since. (Though saying that I have high hopes for Toast. The new songs he was playing on the 2001 tour were good and the Horse played them great. It's a pity that only Leaving Home has been released. Easily the best moment on Are You Passionate).

24. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

Love Broken Arrow. I like it more than Sleeps With Angels actually.

25. INSW

INSW Senior Member

I'm just going to start thinking of Neil's announcements as part of his work. Like, I think this new Crazy Horse announcement is his best since he announced Toast. I mean, I liked the announcement of more Buffalo Springfield shows, but there was a lot of filler in that one. This new one is all classic Neil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.