Netflix series The Ranch.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by RogerB, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident Thread Starter

Did a search but found nothing on this Netflix series.

Just binge watched the whole thing over the last 3 days and absolutely loved it!!! Fantastic cast and nice mixture of drama and comedy! The sparring between the brothers is hilarious!!! Anybody else love this series??

I sure hope they do more seasons. Anybody know?

George P likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

My son and I both love it too.

A season has 20 episodes, so we're still owed 10 more on season 2 : The Ranch (TV series) - Wikipedia

Part One - 10
    Part Two - 10
    Part Three - 10

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    RogerB likes this.
  3. maclen

maclen Senior Member

Yes good show. Great cast. I'm a big Sam Elliot fan as well as Debra Winger. The whole adult 70's show vibe is interesting too. I tend to like the more comical moments than the serious ones.

RogerB likes this.
  4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Couldn't make it through the first ep.

5. mikem60

mikem60 Forum Resident

First episode was the worst

Great Show

6. RogerB

If you have it another episode or two you might have ended up liking it. The first episode was a little slow. Just introducing the characters I guess. The show progressed very nicely.

George P likes this.
  7. George P

George P Notable Member

Just enjoyed the latest 10 episodes. Great guest work by Red Foreman. :D

RogerB and Myke like this.
  8. Myke

" The only thing an umbrella protects a man from, is being a man ! " - Sam Elliot as the patriarch :laugh:

I've said things like this all my life. Love this show !!

budwhite and RogerB like this.
  9. RogerB

I watched them in two days! Ha. Love it! I'm ready for 10 more!

white wolf, Myke and George P like this.
  10. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

This is a pretty good show, and gets surprisingly serious. So weird to see a traditional 3 camera sitcom with explicit language.

white wolf and RogerB like this.
  11. George P

George P Notable Member

Really enjoying Part 6 so far. I'm on episode 4.

12. Myke

I binged all 10, and now can't wait for 7.

13. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Doesn't this have the Girl Next Door? Still got mad crush on her. I enjoyed first few episodes.

14. Linus

Linus Senior Member

Ditto. Cringeworthy!

Scope J likes this.
  15. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Doesn’t this have Ashton Kutcher? He’s my kryptonite.

16. Myke

Sure does, and his character actually matures this season.

GodShifter likes this.
  17. George P

George P Notable Member

It does but he does quite well in this.

Myke and GodShifter like this.
  18. Joey Self

Joey Self Red Forman's Sensitivity Guru

Hmmm, not much interest in this, or else there's a thread I missed during the search.

SPOILER ALERTS if you haven't seen this, but are planning on it.

As in "leave now before you read any further."

No, I mean it.

Ok, enough warning.

My wife and I watched the entire last block of episodes yesterday. They took a major body blow when Masterson was forced out. Dax Shepard as Luke was an OK add, but it just wasn't the same.

I got so tired of hearing every character using the F word in every other sentence. If it is used for effect--a premise that I reject as necessary--then overuse causes it to lose any effect it had.

Sam Elliott was great throughout. I also liked Barry Corbin.

It was nice to see THAT 70's SHOW alums. Wilmer Valderrama, Debra Jo Rupp and Kurtwood Smith all had multiple appearances, and Bret Harrison, who was slated to take over for Topher Grace in the last season before he got a different series, was prominent early (and appeared in the finale).

The finale was unsatisfying to me. It tied up a couple of loose ends, but as the show went to the credits, everything was about to continue as it had all along. Bo would have his ranch, Colt and Abby would have theirs, Maggie was leaving (but she had been gone for most of season 4 anyway), Luke was staying. And, in the final show, Colt sold his entire herd to buy back his dad's ranch, which was sold to keep Colt out of jail. Noble gesture, only fair, I guess, but...how were he and Abby going to live without cattle to sell in the spring? He was going to have to buy back livestock, but had no money to do it. Yeah, yeah, I guess his dad could help out, but between them, they had a lot of land and no cattle (Bo had sold his to the evil Lisa Neumann.)

I'm not sorry it's over; I mean, if a fifth season were produced, I'd watch it, but this one never completely lived up to the high hopes I had for it.

JcS

19. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

just watched the first episode of this tonight. At this point I plan to stick with it. I was a big fan of That 70s Show so I am definitely hooked.

The opening scene looked like a scene from 70s Show in Formans basement. Hyde sitting in his chair and Kelso being a dumb ass. I was waiting for Sam Elliot to call him that all thru the show.

George P likes this.
  20. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

They have a character called Colt? Oh boy...

21. '05Train

'05Train Crashin' & Flyin' & Livin' & Dyin'

Masterson leaving hurt the show, though I thought "he" was used effectively in the final season. The language didn't faze me a bit; that's how most blue-collar people talk (I worked in construction sales for 20 years). Overall it was a good blend of humor and drama. I'd definitely recommend it.

RogerB and George P like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.