Netflix: The Irishman - Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci & Harvey Keitel.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Apr 29, 2017.

1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Why always costra nostra stuff? Im a mafia fanatic, but seems its always a goofy comedy or some slaughtering gangster film with these guys. Do something original. Step out in your last film.

Chris DeVoe and GLENN like this.
  2. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Well, I can only hope that they're attempting to catch lightning in a bottle, again. The presumption is that they're going to make another historic film. Of course, with Hollywood we never know. This movie could be like a Sylvester Stallone gets the old-timers together as a goof-type flick also. I just hope it's not an embarrassment!

3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Meh, I think its about the cash at this point.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

pesci is maybe.....in for the cash, but i doubt any of the others need any money at all.

Malina and Tanx like this.
  5. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

I agree. They'd play the grandpas in Guardians of the Galaxy if they needed cash. These guys are gravitating to theater and independent films at this point; other than Pesci, they probably stopped worrying about money in the mid-'70s.

6. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Maybe. But DeNiro sure seems to have been in some bad movies the last decade or so.

7. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

Looks like the talent continues behind the screen too. Steven Zaillian is credited with handling the screenplay.

8. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Nah! He would never do that! ;)

He's a funny guy!

BNell, Chris from Chicago and alexpop like this.
  9. supermd

supermd Senior Member

That's the great thing about mafia tough guys - age doesn't matter. Have you seen The Godfather? Or maybe Lawrence Tierney in Reservoir Dogs? He was 73 in that, but he was tough! All these actors are tough. I'm looking forward to it.

pablo fanques, Malina and alexpop like this.
  10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Must be one amazing script for all the actors to get juicy parts.

supermd likes this.
  11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

and he is getting big bucks for that crap, too.

Malina and Chris from Chicago like this.
  12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

For $105 million you can be sure this opens in theaters first, followed by pay per view, then Netflix. And it will be pre sold to overseas markets as well.

Same path as Amazon's Manchester by the Sea ... Only now coming to Prime.

pablo fanques likes this.
  13. alexpop

[​IMG]These wise guys aren't getting any younger, just sayin.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

De Niro still looks the same too. Not so much Scorsese.

alexpop likes this.
  15. alexpop

They say "70" is the new "50".Lets up they all stay fit and healthy. Joe Pesci wasn't to keen to get involved in the first place.

16. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Why wasn't he?

17. alexpop

He was retired. Guess somebody persuaded him to get involved.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  18. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

I'm glad they did.

19. Greg Arkadin

Greg Arkadin Forum Resident

Listened to Pesci being interviewed a few years ago. I've never heard an actor seem less interested in getting the next part than he was.

20. I agree. No way Scorcese would shoot this just to be seen on TV screens.

21. alexpop

The Irishman.
    Production status : Filming
    Release date 2018.
    Benjamin Button style effects to be used in flashback scenes.

22. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds Thread Starter

After seeing what they did to Kurt Russell in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, it seems the technology has come a long way. We were stunned at how good he looked in the beginning.

23. alexpop

That was the best film imo about the Guardian's.

24. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

Nope, Netflix pays out the big bucks. I don't think they release in theaters now, although it seems they are heading that way.

"Meanwhile, Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle also both inked deals with Netflix for a whopping $20 million per special.

Rock signed on for two in October, putting his price tag at $40 million, while Chappelle inked a deal for three in November, adding up to a $60 million total payday. ...

In addition to Schumer, Rock and Chappelle, Netflix has deals with a number of other comedians, including a $100 million deal with Jerry Seinfeld for two specials and his web series "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,"

Amy Schumer asked Netflix for more money for comedy special

Enter Netflix. In 2014, Sandler signed an estimated $250 million pact to make four movies exclusively for the service--the more asinine, the better.

Netflix Zombies: How Adam Sandler, Dave Chappelle And More Revived Direct-To-Video

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  25. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

As Netflix and Amazon have gotten into the movie game more or less simultaneously, they’ve taken two very different approaches. Amazon partners with theatrical distributors to put its films in theaters, respecting the traditional window of exclusivity before making them available to stream on Prime; Netflix does not, committing to making its movies available to stream the same day they hit theaters, if they hit theaters at all. Because of that, the major chains have refused to work with Netflix, a rift that’s had ripple effects for the company’s inaugural foray into movies. ....

For its part, executives like Ted Sarandos have long said they expect an understanding to ultimately be reached in which the company’s movies will premiere simultaneously in theaters and on Netflix, even if exhibitors might have a harder time, at this point, envisioning that future.

Netflix’s Movies Are Bigger Than Ever --- But Does It Need Movie Theaters?