New Annoying Amazon Site Behavior

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ZenArcher, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZenArcher

ZenArcher Senior Member Thread Starter

Noticed over the past few days, that if I’m looking a CD for sale on Amazon and click the artist name to see more CDs, it opens Amazon Music instas of showing me more CDs for sale. It’s truly annoying. Sure, tell me what’s on Amazon Music, but give me a way to display all an artist’s physical media.

Jerquee, pc-Ray and Crimson Witch like this.
  2. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

There are more than a few things annoying about Amazon, but if you want to check an artist's or band's discography, use Google and then search from there. I mean, it's not ideal, but it avoids the annoyances for the most part.

sunking101 likes this.
  3. Ghost of Ziggy

Ghost of Ziggy Forum Resident

On a related note, it still amazes me that Amazon, ebay can track your search history, yet every other website has to ask your permission before you continue to browse.

4. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

That sounds annoying, but it's not happening to me. Do you have the Amazon Music software installed? What browser do you use (Firefox here)? Any Amazon add-ons?

5. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

With Amazon HD coming and the decline of the CD market I presume they will be trying to push people that way? Here in Australia they geoblock their global sites so we are forced to use the Australian site (which does have a link to the US site but we can't buy and European or Japanese releases).

E.Baba and Crimson Witch like this.
  6. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

Amazon's search tool is ludicrously bad. Like exceptionally bad. Like someone said earlier, you need to type what you want into an internet search engine (Google etc) and find things from there.

7. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Plus I still find Amazon AU to be a mess nearly two years after it launched.

Jimmy Agates, OberonOz and E.Baba like this.
  8. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

Try Discogs, but I recommend sticking with sellers rated 99+% or only those whom you know. There's more to find there as well.

9. AirJordanFan93

Our Dollar is in the toilet so the exchange rates are terrible so we end up paying more than we really should. It sucks because a lot of the discs I would like are few and far between with Australian sellers but are all over the place with American, British and European sellers.

Jimmy Agates and E.Baba like this.
  10. ZenArcher

ZenArcher Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, I have Amazon Music app was installed, and I’m on Safari on my iPad.

11. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Are we the *only* Amazon to be geoblocked?
    I haven't heard of any others

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  12. AirJordanFan93

It wouldn't surprise me if we are.

Jimmy Agates and E.Baba like this.
  13. Jmac1516

Jmac1516 Forum Resident

Yes, this exact thing happened to me today. Very annoying!

14. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

15. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Forum Resident

Yeah, Bezos and his gang are a right bunch of manipulative tw*ts, that's for sure.
    I've stopped saving stuff in my shopping cart cause if I don't buy it right away and it's from a third party seller,
    they'll swap it out for their more expensive version of the same thing. Imagine going grocery shopping and having some sneaky clerk removing items from your cart when your not looking and replacing them with more costly items.
    They leave a little notice that they replaced certain items for a better deal. Sure, better deal for them.
    When I try to find the original item I had saved it's nowhere to be found. They've somehow blocked my account from accessing the page. So now I just take screen shots of whatever is in my shopping cart so I have the original seller's data and track it down that way, sometimes switching browsers, deleting cookies, and anything else I can think of to get around their games. Roundabout way to have to do things but that's modern life I guess.

Laibach and John B Good like this.
  16. scobb

scobb Forum Resident

That doesn't generally help with new releases and films etc (I like 3d Blu ray but they are mostly only released in Europe now). It's also expensive paying for separate shipping (smaller sellers on discogs) where as Amazon were good for that.

Crimson Witch likes this.
  17. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

I'm with you on that mate. Just got back from Europe and a new release CD costs AU$36 after conversion.
    We are entering another difficult time with world markets in turmoil I believe.

18. AirJordanFan93

Most new releases here locally are normally $20 though certain artists cost more but normally its $20. It does suck we have to pay way more when buying from overseas though.
    We are going to get screwed big time.

ranasakawa likes this.
  19. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

The only good thing about the site (apart from it being my main source of music I can't find locally) is that I get a quick refund when I (sadly) have to report that some item hasn't arrived..

20. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I believe I actually had that happen. Sad.

21. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I didn't sense the OP wanted to read a discography - I thought he wanted to see what other CDs Amazon had for sale by that artist.

And I agree it's annoying. I wanted to see what BusBoys CDs they had but when I clicked the artist name, it went straight to Amazon Music, with no readily apparent way to scan physical media...

Archtop likes this.
  22. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I believe that changed back. They did initially, but then changed back.
    My folks like to send me a gift voucher for my birthday and Amazon sent an Australian one.... which I couldn't use, because they wouldn't mail to the US.

We kicked up a huge stink and they changed it.

It would be interesting to know if they have changed it back again.

23. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

As for the top topic. Yes if I click on the artists name next to the cd cover it takes me to amazon music. I normally type the artists name and cd into the search bar though.

24. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Does that happen even using a VPN.

25. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Just click on the left on Albums. It will show the Digital Music section by default. Clicking on Albums will show the actual list of items which can be bought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.